ESP KKV

Updated
ESP KKV

Hello, 

can someone tell me if a ESP KKV standart is worth buying?

thanks 

Pushead

Only you can decide if it's worth buying, but since you asked the question, I'm going to suggest that it probably isn't worth it to you.

Manuel B.

I think I ask the wrong question

I wanted to know if it is a rare guitar and if the price tag of 1300 is a good deal.

i always liked this guitar, I just want to know if it’s a good deal.

Pushead

Seems a reasonable price if you dig the guitar.

Josh in NY

They are fairly rare, as you don't find them all that often. And fir the $1300, yes, you should snag that before someone else beats you to it - IF it's what you really want...

I snagged a Jake E. Lee signature model for the same price that's pretty minty recently...

Manuel B.

I always liked this guitar, and I want to have rare birds on the collection, that’s why I was asking. I always have some money aside for rare guitars and I had no ideia if this was worth it or not rarity and sough after wise.

Josh in NY

Yeah, definitely worth getting. Like I'm suren you know, you hardly ever see them for sale, and they usually go for a bit more money when they do pop up...

So if you can still snag it for the $1300, I would... its only gonna go up in value as time goes on because of how few you ever see out in the wild...

Manuel B.

Yhea, and I also just like it! I wanted the crackle but…. Oh well….

this year I already snagged a never-sold-from-the-shop KH-1 for 2000… so I think I’m on a role.

do you think that if it would be refinished (just the body by the guy who does Nik Huber finishes) would if decrease in value?

Josh in NY

Wow, sweet find and score on the KH-1!! 

And yes, normally if you refinish it it would decrease the value - especially on a rare low production numbers guitar like this... Is the one your looking at beat up and in need of a refinish???

Manuel B.

It’s the points of the V that are grinded, I don’t know the extent of the damage but it shows a lot of wood.

Josh in NY

If you have it done professionally and in the same exact color, it probably won't be too bad - if at all... but if it's gonna require a but of extensive work in bit finish and in wood, then maybe consider just getting the finish re-touched up to not have the exposed wood...

That's  probably why it's selling for the $1300, because it's a player's guitar... Even still,  for a piece like that, worth snagging...

Manuel B.

I’m only considering because the guy who paints the guitars here is the same who does the finishes for Nik Huber’s 6000+ € guitars so I think it’ll be great 

Josh in NY

You should be fine at that rate. It'll definitely be done professionally then. Good luck man, hope you get and enjoy the axe!!

Post to Thread