Thinking of selling my Grynch serial number 2

Updated
Thinking of selling my  Grynch serial number 2

Adric M.

It is all original with ESP hard shell care and certificate.  

Jesse R.

What’s the price??

Adric M.

I was hoping to see what you all thought would be fair.  Being this so low of a serial.  And it being super clean.   Was thinking more then others due to this but not too crazy.  

Adric M.

Any thoughts on what to price it at?

alebtart

Where abouts are you based?

Adric M.

Nashville Tennessee.  

Dominic D.

just cause it's a low number, I don't think will effect the price to most folks. I'd say in the $2.5k mark 

Adric M.

$2,500 is price I see with some that are missing the case and certificates.  Serial number is one from Jame’s.  I appreciate your input but feel this would be important to most. Why else number them in that case if it doesn’t matter?  I just want to price it fair that’s all but $2500 seems like a bargain for this.  Thanks though. 

Dominic D.

Who's to say Hetfield has number 1? 

Maybe 3k with the case and COA. 

Adric M.

Well 2 are currently for sale and Essex has it for $71,000.  Crazy. And serial number in the 30’s is out for $3600 this one having some small dents and looks like no certificate as well.  Any one interested PM me and we can talk about a fair price. 

ESP 348

Low serial numbers also don't get me excited. Doesn't matter if it's #3 or #30 out of 100 say. 

They are the exact same guitars and I would only pay more if I really wanted a particular serial number for sentimental reasons. 

Just my thoughts. 

Wish you all the best with the sale mate, looks like a beautiful guitar. 

Adric M.

I get that.  But $2500 is low by any standards. I will just hold on to it and play it.  And I agree with you on sentimental numbers but owning the first 3 in a run means a little more then say number 21.  Same guitar, yes but the first ones out the door..... that’s kind cool. And James having number 1 or number 15.  Well ya who knows. Would think he would get the first one though.  It’s all good.  

Dominic D.

Thats the other thing just cause they are numbered low doesn't mean they where the first out of the door either. Essex is just a fuck head and over price's all his guitars. He's had 3 or 4 grynchs now 

ESP 348

All good mate, but I don't see how number #3 is anymore special than #7 or #21 or whatever. 

Owners get hung up on that and that's cool, I get it but I don't get excited over it personally.

And I have no idea on what they are worth either sorry man, I don't follow the Hetfield ESP guitar market at all.

I have a feeling that US $2500 is on the lower end of what they sell for. 

Adric M.

Thank you guys.  Really value what you guys say.  Essex.  Glad people are aware of how bad they are.  Can’t believe how the gouge people.  

Post to Thread