LTD Red sparkle ouija VS Purple sparkle ouija

Updated
LTD Red sparkle ouija VS Purple sparkle ouija

I have an opportunity to buy an LTD Red OR Purple sparkle ouija. 

What do you guys think of either, is one more sought after than another, and which would you choose?

Would appreciate some insights, it’ll be my first esp guitar!

Papa Fiq

Congratulations in advance bro! Both are beautiful guitars, but my personal choice would be the red

Ryan T.

Thanks for weighing in bro!

ESP 348

I love them both and I think they are both amazing!!

I personally love the red Ouija in the all the pictures I have been seeing.

But when mine arrive soon, I will make my decision then which I think I like the best when I see them in person.

You can't buy both? Lol, that's what I did.

I wish you all the best with it and please be sure to post up pics when you guitar/s arrive.

Ryan T.

In theory both ARE available, but I don’t think I’ll buy both lol. 

I’m kinda surprised you guys have said red so far, most pictures I’ve seen are of the purple and KH’s Dunlop picks are purple sparkle too. 

I wish I could get the ESP version but too rich for my blood. 

ESP 348
Ryan T. wrote:

In theory both ARE available, but I don’t think I’ll buy both lol. 

I’m kinda surprised you guys have said red so far, most pictures I’ve seen are of the purple and KH’s Dunlop picks are purple sparkle too. 

I wish I could get the ESP version but too rich for my blood. 

Get a loan and purchase both the ESP ones man, you won't regret it.

Alamodome

Ryan the red out of the two is my choice but they are definitely amazing colors. I’ll be one of the first to tell you that purchasing the set was a bit of a challenge but it will never be a regret. A few board members have taken this leap as they would agree all the same. If both are available trust your first instinct. Good luck!!!

Alamodome

Ryan T.

Dude, THREE ESP ouija’s? That’s insane! Loving your collection!

Snakebite

LOVE that Ouija family pic!

Alamodome
Snakebite wrote:

LOVE that Ouija family pic!

Thank you brother!!!

ESP 348

Awesome guitars man!!

Alamodome
ESP 348 wrote:

Awesome guitars man!!

Thank you mate. I can’t wait for you to get yours you won’t be disappointed my friend. They are amazing in person. Pictures look good but seeing them in the daylight OMG!!!!

ESP 348
Alamodome wrote:

Awesome guitars man!!

Thank you mate. I can’t wait for you to get yours you won’t be disappointed my friend. They are amazing in person. Pictures look good but seeing them in the daylight OMG!!!!

Hell yeah!! I can't wait!

Alamodome

I’m still waiting patiently for a blk one to complete the set of ouija’s that I am interested in, but it will have to wait into mid to late 2021. 
Thank you brother. 

Ryan T.

So the general consensus is still red sparkle over purple sparkle?

Papa Fiq

Haha looks like it man. But let me ask you this......when you first saw both of them, which one strike your eyes the most? Go with the one that you had the best 1st impression man. You will be the one seeing it every day, so yeah, we all can give what looks best to us, but most importantly, which one does your eyes prefer?

Ryan T.

Hi Papa Fiq!

I seem to come across the purple version more, in live performances as well as media pictures so my opinion might be skewed. 

Papa Fiq

Hey bro. Hahah yeah I totally get you, tough decision to make. But go with what's great to your eyes man. All the best dude!

Ryan T.

Thanks Papa Fig!

Am I right in saying KH himself doesn’t really play the red version? I’ve never seen a video of him with it

ESP 348

He has definitely played the red Ouija many times, but close sources suggest that the purple Ouija is his favourite.

Papa Fiq

You're very welcome mate. I think I have seen Kirk playing the Red Sparkle Ouija pretty often on a few of their shows. 

Ryan T.

Papa Fiq, have you dealt with Davis Guitar before?

Coincidentally, they mentioned you

Papa Fiq

Hey Ryan. Apologies for the super late reply man. Didnt realise this message till today.

Yes, Ive dealt with Davis Guitar before bro. They are excellent, super great service and super friendly. 

Snakebite

The purple seems to be the more associated color within the band as previously Kirk had a purple sparkle Kh2 now the ouija, Robert has a purple bass and Lars has a purple sparkle drum set as well.

Kirk does play the red one alot too. If you check out 2019 live tour clips, Kirk uses the purple in the begining, the red towards the end and finish the show with the mummy.

I went with a red ESP myself as it just looked more fire to me watching the live clips, but I also got me a LTD purple as I didnt want to miss out on the purple either.

I say if you have to pick only one and cant decide, go for the purple which seems to be the "primary" color of Ouija sparkle.

thacZERO

I actually prefer the purple one... these guitars are ostentatious enough and the purple is just a touch more subtle?  

I really do like the natural / whites a bit more though. 

Shawn S.

I opted for the red when deciding between the two. Makes the gold pop out more. 

Alamodome

Congratulations brother. Great minds think alike. Enjoy!!!

ESP 348

Congrats Shawn! Be sure to post pics when it arrives.

Alamodome

Any updates on your set Pap? 

ESP 348
Alamodome wrote:

Any updates on your set Pap? 

Yes sir, PM sent.

Harry Gandler

Hi, what are the prices nowadays for the red or purple LTD Ouija? As the offers on ebay or reverb are totally diverse.

Post to Thread