Is it legal to buy a counterfeit ESP in Finland?

Updated
Santsa S.

Ive seen many copies and counterfeits with logo still on

Pims

As with anything counterfeit, I'd say as long as you don't travel with it and I doubt any customs people can say if a guitar is counterfeit, you are fine (and not fined)

Santsa S.

Finland has a thing called tull and the site says that anything counterfeit from outside Europe will  be destroyed, and it comes from china

Pims

if it's imported, it will most likely get destroyed but I don't think customs are aware it is not just a chinese guitar?

Santsa S.

what makes a guitar imported? 

Santsa S.

What do you think what the chances are of destroying the guitar? From china logo with tape on top

Pims

Outside of the EU (schengen zone) basically 

Santsa S.

So i buy one from china, it comes to finland, and they destroy it (if it has the ESP logo) 

Big Daddy B

Finland blocked Pirate Bay

Apaman

It's illegal, but it's fiftysixty chance that they will find out that it's a chinese fake. So maybe you will get it, maybe not. Most important thing is that you are not going to sell it to someone as a real ESP. Seriously. And ofc, after this thread, don't be surprised about the fact that no one in this forum will not buy any guitar from you.

Breadfan32

I would recommend to not buy it in the first place.  It’s gonna be a piece of crap.  They should all be destroyed.  

FlameToBlack

I second this - it will never play well. A friend of mine bought fake Ouija and it was junk.  

Post to Thread