Verification Help on ESP Hetfield Snakebyte

Updated
Richard F.

Hi. I’m in discussions with a local seller about his ESP (not ltd) James Hetfield Snakebyte but I don’t have any knowledge about ESP guitars. Im looking for opinions on the authenticity of this guitar. I’m including pictures he sent me.

Richard F.

Richard F.

Richard F.

Richard F.

Richard F.

ESPEXP

Fake

Richard F.

Are you sure? What are you seeing that makes you think that so that I can learn?

Thanks

Papa Fiq

Hi Richard,

The 1st giveaway that its probably not a genuine ESP is the metal 9v battery compartment at the back of the guitar. The ESP version would have that. 

Papa Fiq

Papa Fiq

Secondly, im attaching a photo of my ESP Snakebyte, and I see some differences as well (for eg, the machine heads), which something you might want to take note of. 

I hope this helps man. 

Pushead

Sorry I'm late to the party, but yes, this is super fake.

Body and headstock shape are wrong. The logo on the headstock isn't the extruded plastic of the real guitar. The electronics positions are wrong.

There's lots of small things.

Richard F.

Thanks everyone for the heads up. Glad I reached out before making a decision.

Really appreciate you guys!!

ESPEXP

Just curious how much they were asking for it?

Richard F.
ESPEXP wrote:

Just curious how much they were asking for it?

The guys responded to an ad I have to trade for my MIM Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas.

That is what made me question it right off the bat. 

Breadfan32

It’s already been said but fake.  

Every little thing about it is wrong.  

ESPEXP

Yea alot of details missed on this one. The bevel on the body also is missing. No problem, general rule, when it seems too good to be true, it probably is. 

Post to Thread