NGD! ESP Black Iron Cross Number 22 our of 100. (Thanks Forum Member)

Updated
NGD! ESP Black Iron Cross Number 22 our of 100. (Thanks Forum Member)

So a new board member, Nasdaq (I think he is new), came on the board recently and posted he had and Iron Cross, a JH-1 and I think a Kirk Hammett model. I PM'd him with an offer and got the guitar.

He is legit, nice guy and transaction went smooth. Cannot complain at all and I recommend him as a seller. He sent detailed pix, but more importantly we Facetime called so he could show me he indeed had it, it was mint, handled questions and worked out payment/shipping etc. Hell the case was covered in dust as I think he never played it. He said he bought a bunch of pieces from a guy liquidating his collection. Plays just like my old one I had in 2009 and sounds amazing. LOVE the SS frets. 

Now I just need an EET FUK MX 220 or JH-3 again and I think I am done collecting.  

Pics!

Or some here:

Pinian

Congrats! 

Metalbebby666

Awesome score dude, tho every time I see an Iron Cross it immediately makes me think of this 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBej5dQUoVE&feature=youtu.be&t=34

ESP 348

Lol, funny hey lol.

You think they would have given him another one? Or he would have told someone so they could sort it out for him lol.

ESP 348

Fuck yeah!! Congrats brother, that is an awesome guitar!

Mesa Sean
Metalbebby666 wrote:

Awesome score dude, tho every time I see an Iron Cross it immediately makes me think of this 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBej5dQUoVE&feature=youtu.be&t=34

lol his was a prototype. Trust me... this one stays in tune haha

Metalbebby666

Didn’t the guitar come out in 2009? Why would he still be using the “prototype” in 2017? He never received a real one? So everyone else got real nice ones but him. Crazy!!!

Mesa Sean
Metalbebby666 wrote:

Didn’t the guitar come out in 2009? Why would he still be using the “prototype” in 2017? He never received a real one? So everyone else got real nice ones but him. Crazy!!!

Typically James never uses what goes out to the public. He usually plays the prototypes or the one off ones they send him when it comes to his sigs. 

Metalbebby666
Mesa Sean wrote:

Typically James never uses what goes out to the public. He usually plays the prototypes or the one off ones they send him when it comes to his sigs. 

Im confused? What about his white snakebyte and vulture? What are those? Prototypes?!

Mesa Sean
Metalbebby666 wrote:

Im confused? What about his white snakebyte and vulture? What are those? Prototypes?!

Probably. Usually the ones he plays are one off Guitar’s or slightly different than what you can actually purchase. But those guitars are so plain they probably are the same thing that you buy. I can’t stand those guitars, they are so ugly.

I heard from a reliable source that James was pissed off ESP USA would not make him any explorers. Maybe that’s why he went with those two abominations

Metalbebby666
Mesa Sean wrote:

I'm still wondering why James guitars are considered prototypes? I thought his guitars were customs (from the custom shop) and then they make a signature model prototype after that. Next they will create a the signature series. Isn't this the process? This "guy" on youtube had the prototype JH-3, so if this is the prototype of the JH-3, and the one that James has is also the "prototype" JH-3, then really this is the prototype of the prototype? Confusing?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXbZb_RIZ2o

Mesa Sean
ESP 348 wrote:

Thanks dude!

The same guy has a white Ouija NUMBER ONE! It's on Reverb for $17,000.

https://reverb.com/item/27485479-esp-kirk-hammett-natural-ouija

ESP 348
Mesa Sean wrote:

Thanks dude!

Yep, awesome guitar! I hope he sells it so it sets the market for these natural Ouijas.

Mesa Sean
ESP 348 wrote:

Thanks dude!

Yep, awesome guitar! I hope he sells it so it sets the market for these natural Ouijas.

How much were those things brand new? I had a white one back in 2009 but I think I paid six grand for. I’m assuming these brand new were much much more. 

Pinian

They were $12k msrp. I haven't seen one sell for that much secondary market. Last one I saw I thought went for about 12 too.

Mesa Sean
Pinian wrote:

They were $12k msrp. I haven't seen one sell for that much secondary market. Last one I saw I thought went for about 12 too.

In 2009 I paid $500 brand new for number 9 from Angelo Gallo Guitars in New York. No idea why people are quoting higher. I paid WAY less than 12K for sure. But a few sold on reverb close to $10K 2 years ago and I still paid less than that.

BlackJack21

I see where the confusion is here. @Mesa Sean you're thinking he's selling a white ouija, when it's actually the natural ouija which came out in 2017 and was msrp at $12k. And I think you mean you paid $5000 and not $500 brand new. Hope that clears some things up.

Mesa Sean
BlackJack21 wrote:

I see where the confusion is here. @Mesa Sean you're thinking he's selling a white ouija, when it's actually the natural ouija which came out in 2017 and was msrp at $12k. And I think you mean you paid $5000 and not $500 brand new. Hope that clears some things up.

No not confused. I paid $5000 for my IC in 2009 and $6000 for a white Ouija in 2009. BUT yeah I knew the natural ones went for way more MSRP when they came out and since he has number 1, wow that must be worth a lot.  

BlackJack21

Gotcha , the naturals sold for $12k same price as the new sparkle ouijas coming out this year $12k (though some people found a few under msrp), but that price for #1 is a little far fetched it seems. The way the market is right now, and also the fact that reverb charges tax on top, tack on shipping, there's no way that sells for that price imo. Congrats on getting the IC back though!

Nasdaq
BlackJack21 wrote:

Gotcha , the naturals sold for $12k same price as the new sparkle ouijas coming out this year $12k (though some people found a few under msrp), but that price for #1 is a little far fetched it seems. The way the market is right now, and also the fact that reverb charges tax on top, tack on shipping, there's no way that sells for that price imo. Congrats on getting the IC back though!

I would much rather sell it on this forum for the reasons you listed.

Alamodome

Congratulations man!!

ESPEXP

Congrats!  Glad you were the one who got it.

Mesa Sean

Thanks!

Post to Thread