LTD KH Demonology Decal Fading

Updated
Andrew M.

hello,

I bought the LTD KH Demonology model and I love it but the decal paint seems to be fading and rubbing off. It’s happening on every decal including the headstock.

Has anyone else experienced this yet?

ESP 348

Never heard of this before and I can't really see what is going on in that picture. Even the headstock?? Crazy lol!

Pushead

Colin Groove

Where did you get it from?

Is the guitar legit?

Andrew M.

I got it new from an authorized ESP dealer.

if you zoom in on the photo you can see the white paint is “bleeding” and pulling away.

There’s nothing mechanically wrong with it but I just want to know if anyone else has experiences it.

ESP 348

Thanks for blowing that pic up Pus! I see what is going on now, but I cannot explain it.

Perhaps forward the pictures onto ESP, or have your dealer do it and see if they can help out somehow.

Or maybe it was like that new and it was meant to be sold as "B Stock", because the finish has flaws in it and you only just noticed it.

Josh L.

Anybody know what happened with this? I just picked my Demonology up from Guitar Center about 2 hours ago and every decal on mine is doing the exact same thing.

ESP 348

Dunno, but looks like ESP might be doing a recall on their LTD Demonologys to refinish them I think.

I hope the ESP version isn't doing the same?

Big Daddy, have you taken a look at your guitar? You got the very first one I think.

Pushead

I'd be interested to see if the LTD Ouija guitars are doing the same.

Josh L.

I returned the guitar today. Actually ended up ordering a EC-1000 See-Thru Black Cherry. Figured I’d wait until the issue is taken care of then reorder the Demonology. Kinda hard to believe that the Demon made it past inspection. 

Clinton R.

Pushead I have both the black Ouija from years ago and the more recent natural. The decals are fine on mine.

ESP 348

Both LTD ones Clinton?

Post to Thread