how to setup your ESP KH guitar like KH/setting up a new esp guitar like kirk hammett.

Updated
how to setup your  ESP KH guitar like KH/setting up a new esp guitar like kirk hammett.

Does anyone know how Kirk's guitars are setup for him or ; if you  can add any good current useful  info on kirk's  guitar setups, (re: fast action low action/ intonation)  about Kirk's guitar setups,the various kinds of guitars he uses on the "hardwired.." world tour (& why hes so violent with such amazing esp custom guitars ... smashing them against cabs abusing them. When he gets in those ass playing foot stomping anger moods.. How often does kirk do these guitar abuse "performances" and why not use a ltd or ibanez ... what would you do seriously ? I wonder what his contract say with ESP is even like but can they be happy about him making a spectacle lol sadly its more PR and i know hes KH etc...but i think its a bit much humbly unless hes using maybe a machine made copy  do the guitars belong to metallica ? kirk ?...  beyond the scope.. im curious )

re- the emg's in his new KH-PSP with bone breakers emg's i wonder does JH and KH now outfit all their guitars with their sig pickups (james truckster b4 the JH emg set vs after and kirk with his new bone breakers say ouija or his vintage has anyone noticed or possibly heard a change in kirks tone or the use of the BB on other guitars ? / also the last decade or so i have been seeing kirk use more  scalloped vs non scalloped fretboards with a nice balance of RW and ebony .. do we see kirk live use a strat or fender guitar if so what pickups would he use in his single coil or other non H+H pickups ? whats your feel for scalloped guitars pros cons.. ,string gauges, brands, and various guitar measurements etc. Over time many things seemed to have subtle changes through the years. does anyone have a photo or useful links with detail on how to set up the guitar like kirk hammett does. with specific details ? again this really is just for anyone like myself that might want to set up the guitar as close as we can to Kirk Hammett. lots of info here any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I am currently doing some research and having so many different accounts that differ online and from other friends ... there's no rule for each specific guitar but a good rule of thumb to get intonation like kirk the fast low action with no buzzing or fretting basically some guitars just are setup better than others im trying to do this for the ouija natural and the purple sparkle. I get nervous since its been a while since i opened up guitars and pickups and restrung with a full setup myself. ( of course this is about feel and subjective to all really. ) so if anyone has personally played some of the new gear kirk's guitars or plan to  set up a guitar like KH has his guitars any good info/current info would be pretty helpful & i would highly recommend  to anyone who loves metallica to get some enhanced experience where you can use the bands gear it's really so awesome and overwhelming i just did not have time to really go through it . ( finally did anyone around the world so far use any other guitars of kirk's other than the vintage/dracula 2 knob guitars (the mummy was on display but not available to use which mummy was that ?)   I wonder how kirk's guitar these days are in terms of the tremelo setup or adjustments on the  bridge /floyd/trem or other things that stood out to the more seasoned  great players/recessed back etc.. I hurt my back a while back and im finally feeling a bit better and im a bit rusty on seting up a modern KH esp guitar with the proper current settings etc... plus how kirks guitar is wired if they made any mods after the guitar was built. Thanks for the time and info so i can try and set up my guitar and care for it myself besides the fact that it adds up taking it to a tech in NYC every few months with so many guitars it gets too hard, I have to find the time now that thank god my back pain has diminished so much from 3 years ago- to be honest im not very   technical only once did i change the pickups most of the mods are done with a tech but the setups i use to do its just been so long since i really was able to sit and do it.  sure i do a decent restring but even when i was pain free at my most advanced which was not much more than a restring lol  or ability to setup the guitar perfectly it took me 2 hours on a floyd rose esp kh sig...will someone add in info or perhaps the measurements and details of kirks current setup very detailed, so then when i have the data thats current and accurate I can see if there are DYI tutorials on the best ways to do it. again many thanks cheers to all TY!

Road King

Tune 1/2 step down. EMGs, lots of wah, tape.

Breadfan32

What if my aunt had balls?  Would she be my uncle? 

Guiguitarz

Reading at your posts

dubster82

We've had a think about your post.

Made a video on it.

Pushead

Kirk doesn't play low action. He uses fairly high action and big strings. He's stated in interviews "I like to have the guitar fight me a bit."

AK

Guiguitarz

Here's the video where the quotes are from : 

ESP 348

Cheers G, appreciate it.

ESP 348

Just finished watching this video, looks like Kirk just crawled out of the dumpster for this interview lol.

But I still love the little guy and I hope to meet my guitar hero one day.

Post to Thread