NGD- Alexi-600 w/ Blackout?

Updated
vector350
The wife hooked me up with a very sweet looking Alexi-600 in black w/ yellow stripes for the birthday. Sadly, it won't arrive until Friday earliest. This one seems unique in that it features the SD Blackout that, according to seller, was factory installed. Most feature the EMG HZ. I have read that some of the newer models did feature the active SD. Don't really care about whether it's factory or after-market as I like Blackouts- (got 'em on 4 other guitars) but am wondering about the accuracy of the sellers statement as to original equipment. If he was BS-ing about that...:( Photos when I get it in my hands.
Julie N. P.

Vector, if you got a Floyd Rose Special in an LTD ALEXI-600, you were scammed. They all came new with a genuine Original Floyd Rose. How would I know? I snatched a 2007, Pinky LTD ALEXI-600 SE in pristine condition. It was modded by the previous owner with an electronic boost powered by a 9V battery bunched-up in the electronics pocket in the back of the guitar as it doesn't have a routed battery slot nor the EMG alexi Laiho. It has the passive EMG HZ-H4 that was originally installed by ESP Guitars. On the other hand, it looks like your guitar was also modded to power an active, Seymour-Duncan Blackout pickup? Yeah...''Sings like a chorus of Angels and roars like a pack of demons''

Nathan M.

Most LTD came with Floyd 1000 series, not really a true OFR as usually OFR is referring to the German made Floyds. 1000s are made in Korea to the say spec/quality as OFR though, so splitting hairs. 

The 200 series did come with Specials though. 

Maybe the early early run of the yellows that had the Blackout were an exception though? 

Post to Thread