SC607B - Reviews, experiences, etc.

Updated
SC607B - Reviews, experiences, etc.
I'm planning on ordering an SC607B Stephen Carpenter guitar (in black) within the next few months so I have been doing lots of reading up on it to see what people say. I've been DYING to get this guitar for years now because I love 7 strings and am a big fan of Deftones and Lacuna Coil. To those who have played and/or owned an SC607B what are the pros and cons you experienced and why did you like or not like it? Just looking to talk to some other players about this model :)
mbesp

No stores by you to play one? I don't own one but played one, can't think of anything i didn't like about it. The pickup config isn't for everyone i suppose.

RaccoonCharmer

No stores by you to play one? I don't own one but played one, can't think of anything i didn't like about it. The pickup config isn't for everyone i suppose.

Nope, I live in a smaller midwest town but am on vacation to Harrisburg, PA currently and not even Harrisburg Guitar Center has any in stock. I know Musician's Friend and Guitar Center do 45-30day guarantee return though so I plan to order soon and try it out that way. I dont think the pickup location looks too bad but I have yet to actually play one.

What did you think of the neck/fingerboard? I already play 7 strings but never got the chance to try a baritone. Did it feel really big and bulky or is it not that much different than a standard 7 string? I have medium sized girl hands so thats something I'm very intrigued to find out about.

xchumfiestax

I've owned a 607 and a 607B. They were both great guitars, just not for me. If my 607B was 25.5 scale it would have been nearly perfect aside from the middle pickup. Having the middle position just wasn't very useful for me.

I go between 24.75 and 25.5 scale guitars all the time, but the baritone scale just felt to awkward to me. The neck itself felt great and not too wide either. It was just the spacing between the frets I couldn't get over. However, it sounded phenomenal.

If you're looking at getting a new 607B, my experience may not be completely relevant to you since my 607B was mahogany whereas the new ones are made of alder. They'll sound different, but I've heard that the alder 607Bs sound awesome too. Personally, I would just keep an eye out for a used one instead of buying new. You'll save a bit more and considering how you don't have an opportunity to try one out first, you may be able to prevent yourself from losing too much money on resale if it isn't working for you

RaccoonCharmer

Personally, I would just keep an eye out for a used one instead of buying new. You'll save a bit more and considering how you don't have an opportunity to try one out first, you may be able to prevent yourself from losing too much money on resale if it isn't working for you

Yeah, Ive been keeping my eyes open for the past few years but usually when I find a used one its only $100-$200 cheaper than just buying new. I figure if i pay the extra 100-200 then atleast i have a manufacturers warranty which is always nice to have... both GC and MF say they have atleast 30day warrantys so if I really dont like it I could return the guitar for store credit.. which is pretty awesome becase 30days should be more than enough time to figure out if its something I want to keep or exchange. My only problem is the nearest Guitar Center is about an hour to hour and a half away drive and MusiciansFriend would mean repackaging and shipping back. both are a bit of hassles but atleast they do give me 30days to try it and have a chance to return if I REALLLY dont wanna keep it.

I don't really think I wont like it, i'll just need a little time to adjust to a new instrument, but its good to know that worst case scenario both companies would let me exchange it for store credit on a new guitar. I dont buy guitar gear too often so thats why I am researching the SHIT out of this guitar before I order it... I wont know until I try it out but atleast I have an idea of what its like.

load more replies (1 of 1)
RaccoonCharmer

Just put in the order for my 607b!!! Waiting for the 3-5biz days will be the longest 3-5 days of my LIFE!!! .. cant wait to try this baby out I'm sooooo excited! Ill post once I get her and let everyone know how I like it :)
Thanks again for all the advice and help online! ;)

ESP 348

Just put in the order for my 607b!!! Waiting for the 3-5biz days will be the longest 3-5 days of my LIFE!!! .. cant wait to try this baby out I'm sooooo excited! Ill post once I get her and let everyone know how I like it :)
Thanks again for all the advice and help online! ;)

Sweet, be sure to post pics too please. :)

tyler t.

oh my fanboy rash is inflaming again... :o

Post to Thread