NTB/Bolt-on Again

Updated
val
Hey i know this is asked 3 billion times but which of the two can ya reach higher frets better?
xchumfiestax

most will say neckthru but there are different styles of bolt on joints that can get you the good fret access as well

val

Well im looking at a KH-2 and i have a KH-202 so i was wondering.

load more replies (1 of 1)
xchumfiestax

well, between those two, the KH-2 will have the better fret access

edit:

you were referring to the KH-2 NTB, right?

val

thanks

maxdgad

From my experience with both, the heel has nothing to do with how well you'll reach the frets. Even if the joint is big and clunky, you can practice to be good enough at reaching high problems without a problem (I used to practice all my sweeps and upper fret junk on a Les Paul)

Brian

I have both and don't feel a huge difference when going to the higher frets. The neck heel on the ESP bolt on is very nice.

gainiac

You guys with both the neck thru and the bolt-on KH-2s, is there a difference in tone? Are the KH-2 NTs a lot brighter, owing to the hard maple neck thru?

Would you say that in a band mix the NTs are better, more cutting. But on one's own without a bass player the Bolt Ons are thicker and more full sounding? Any other differences?

Crazyfrase

I have two bolt on KH2,s and find that they are brighter than my neck through KH4. The KH4 has a more rounded tone.

Although maybe the KH4 is slightly different than other KH2 NT's, as I have heard the KH2 NTs described as bright.

nabeel

There's always decent priced KH2's coming around on ebay, they're all bolt-on. I've been using NTB for a while, kinda prefer those, but I'll have to try out the bolt on one day to see if there's really a difference between the two in terms of access.

In terms of sustain and all, they must be the same, right?

Post to Thread