EC-201 Pickup Alignment

Updated
EC-201 Pickup Alignment

total newb here, just got my first guitar the EC-201 and have a question about the pickup, should it be parallel to the strings cause currently it is way higher in the front than the back by the bridge, it's like 1/8th of an inch away from the strings closer to the neck than it is in the back where it's like 1/4 inch away from the strings by the bridge, I hope I am explaining this well, thank you all, Greg 

ÆVAREX

While I don't know for sure the details of your axe I would guess that there is some type of foam underneath the pup to help keep it level. This foam may just be out of place and only holding the one side of the pup up. Sometimes over time or in bad conditions the foam can break down and not function as intended as well.

It's not a deal breaker if it's a little off. I prefer them level myself though. Might be more relevant for you as the poles are on the bridge side hence further away than you may want them.

If that is not an option and you feel confident, next time you change your strings take them all off and pull the pickup out. If it is the same as the current EC-201 this should be very easy. Going from one screw to the other a couple turns at a time back them out. There most likely will be springs on the back side of the screws. Then adjust placement of the foam or replace it if necessary.

Hope this helps

Dropaaw t.

By using Nord VPN, your online activities are shielded from prying eyes. NordVPN does not log your internet traffic, ensuring your privacy is maintained and your browsing history remains confidential.

Post to Thread