New Viper-1000

Updated
New Viper-1000

Icefish

Congrats, love the purple

Kirk S.

Thank you! I was always unsure of purple until this came along!

Icefish

The EC1000 and MH1000 comes in purple, love those. Has to be the right shade of purple. 

Which pickups are loaded in it?

Kirk S.

Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentiant.

Icefish

Nice, had the Sentient before in a 7 string Jackson, almost put one in my Iceman. Havent played the Pegasus yet

Kirk S.

I've always been a JB/Jazz, JB/59, double JB guy... I like this set. It does a ton more at high volume and heavier gain.

Icefish

I have a JB/59, Custom/Jazz and Distortion/soon to be Black Winter coming. 

tx-ogre

Very nice and great color.  Congrats.

Yamaneru

I received my Viper 1000 ET last week. Visually it doesn't stand out as much as the purple or tiger variants (especially on camera), but I love the satin neck.

I haven't delved into the Evertune that deep yet (haven't changed strings from the default .009-.042 set either), but so far I like it. You can set how sensitive you want the correction to be, so even lower strings can be set up in a way that they don't go sharp when picking but still bend without too much effort.

Kirk S.

That is awesome!

Congrats!!

I can't wait to get an Evertune equipped guitar.

tx-ogre

Congrats.  Very nice.  I have a 7 string Ltd guitar and Ltd bass with satin finishes.  I really like them.  I would like to someday own a guitar with the EverTune.

Yamaneru

It's been about 5 months and to be honest, I'm not digging the guitar's playing feel that much. I've been playing with a 46 - 09 set in D#, but so far it seems like the combination of neck-set, shorter scale length, and Evertune makes the strings feel flobby (especially when doing palm mutes) when compared to my previous guitars and as a bedroom player I don't really need the ultimate "staying-in-tune" feature.

I'll probably try a set of heavier gauge strings, but if that doesn't work then I'll probably give up on it because the shape isn't the most practical either. I still like the finish though, definitely picking fully satin guitars in the future. The pickups are good too, loads of output with a classic passive tone and usable coil splits.

Yamaneru

I tuned up to E with the 46 - 09 set and it already feels much better, seems like I simply underestimated the difference between scale lenghts when it comes to tuning and string gauges. In the end my only problem with it is the shape, personally I don't find it very comfortable in any kind of sitting position because it's bulky and neck heavy.

Post to Thread