Fake H-307??

Updated
Tom H.

Hi everyone,

I've posted this somewhere else on here too, the website doesn't translate well onto Iphone sorry! Just bought this and think its fake, just the extra pot and headstock logo placement. Seller said he replaced tuners and had extra pot fitted but i smell a rat. Headstock binding is kinda eneven and peeling away, but overall it looks ok. No EMG markings on pick ups either. When it arrives i'll post pics of serial numbers as these wernt visible on listing, which also make me wonder . What you guys thinking?

Pushead

That's a difficult one. I'll be interested to see the back of the headstock and the back of the body. I suspect it's legit with a headstock refinish and an added pot, but I'll wait to give a final opinion.

Tom H.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. If you need anymore pics let me know

Tom H.

The serial number writing looks a little "chopped", but it seems like a lot of work to do over a relatively cheap guitar anyway? I'm so confused

Pushead

Yeah, it looks like the entire guitar has been refinished. I'm not sure what all the refinish is covering, but that rear control cavity isn't stock. This may have been an LTD to start with, but there's been some "customization" with it. Based on the reflections from the back, the finish doesn't appear to have been done well. Black is a hard color to get perfectly smooth, but there's a ton of ripple there.

I dunno man, you'll have to decide how you feel about what you've received vs how much you've paid. It's certainly not a stock LTD or even an LTD with changed hardware. This has had quite a bit done to it.

Post to Thread