EC-1000: upgraded nut for TUSQ. Original Nut blows.

Updated
Luis S.

What a difference! check out the attached picture.

Upgraded the nut for a Tusq graphite. Original nut (above the strings in the picture) was not right. It didn't feel right, and didn't look right.

There was a weird feeling on the guitar. It was too stiff (slots too tight?) , action couldn't be as low as other less expensive guitars I have, fingers hurt too much when playing the damn guitar even after switching to 9s and it kept pissing me off my 25.5 scale guitar were softer than this 24 scale guitar (and reading all the posts about how a 24 scale is softer bla bla bla), the bass strings couldn't be setup properly (had to bee too high  to avoid fretting). By looking down the neck, the strings looked way too twisted (like a twisted stairway, to the point I thought the neck was twisted until I realized it was the nut)

After the upgrade, the guitar feels better and softer. Tusq All The way!

Aaron A.

What is the part number on the Tusq nut? Did you have any issues with string height during the install?

Luis S.

Genuine Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Nut 6 Stringg Electric Nut 42 X 6 PT-6642-00

rolando f.

I just purchased an EC-1000S and im having tuning issues as well. Was this a drop in replacement? Did you have to do any modifications to the new nut? Im looking to make this upgrade to my guitar as well, however im just trying to gather info so that i dont mess up my guitar

Thrash8315

I have the same EC-1000VB. I am thinking about switching it out, too. The stock has sharp ends and I agree with your assessment on its feel.

Eric  G.

Was about to throw the used ec-1000 Duncan I just bought against the wall until I realized it was the shitty plastic nut making play like shit. Just ordered my tusq 6642....can't wait to swap it out!

rolando f.

Did you manage to change out the nut after all, and if so, was this a drop in replacement? Did you have to do any modifications to the new nut? 

Post to Thread