TE-1000 Black Blast Terrible QC

Updated
TE-1000 Black Blast Terrible QC

Don't get me wrong I love Esp and Ltd guitars but seems to be the past few years there quality has gone down. I just bought this guitar and it was unplayable the nut was too high and every note was out of tune after removing the nut from a $1000 brand new not used guitar this is what I discovered.

I attached the picture so you could see the it.

This is a Korean made one as well. 

I replaced the nut with a TUSQ XL and I can finally play the damn thing.

Just letting you all know to beware of the issue.  Maybe it was just a one off thing and i got a bad one but double check before you purchase. shitty nut

Devan Arya

How do you feel with the guitar overall? Can you post more pictures?

Mark M.

Guitar is awesome neck is very smooth. Frets are rolled and excellent 

Taylor T.

Thanks for sharing these Mark. I just got this guitar and love it but wanted to upgrade the nut for better tuning stability. Which TUSC XL model did you get? I ordered the TUSC XL PT-5042-00 but looks like the string spacing is slightly different from the original nut. Thanks!

Devan Arya

Thank you. I've just ordered mine from Thomann but it will be only available at the end of October. Here in Europe the stock is slightly delayed. I hope I'm lucky like you with the grain. Your wood grain looks awesome!

Mark M.

Yeah brother hopefully you get it sooner. Its a great guitar.

James K.

The nut on my SN-1000ht is like that too. I bought it used, but only like 6 months old at the time. I assumed it was from the previous owner messing around with it, but maybe not. But like you said, everything else besides the nut is perfect on it. 

Jonathan L.

Just received my TE 1000 and the QC is excellent. No issues with the nut. Also, no neck dive issues either. My only feedback is that it is difficult to see the dot inlays on the fretboard. I have to rely on the side dots. Just takes getting used to. The neck feels comfortable although slightly rounder than my Jackson speed neck. 

Mark M.

Black TUSQ XL 42mm Flat Bottom (PT-5042-00). It has been working great have not had any issues

Taylor T.

Thanks! Fingers crossed for the install!

Post to Thread