EMG 57/66 TW vs Fluence Modern

Updated
Jeremy T.

Hi! First time poster here. I started playing guitar a year ago with a Yamaha Revstar RS620 which I have been largely happy with. However, as I get more proficient I'm looking to get something with a thinner, faster neck (and I'm getting a better idea of the music I like to play). I'm thinking an Eclipse style guitar because I like the looks. My local store has the EC 1001T CTM with the 57/66 TW's but they don't have one with the Fluence Moderns.  I have looked for comparison videos and reviews of these two pickups but can't find much. I have heard only good things about the Fluence pickups. Any thoughts? I want something versatile. I like a lot of metal (particularly Devin Townsend) but I also like shreddy players like Buckethead and John 5 as well as some blues and ambient music. I'm coming from 30 years playing classical violin and want to explore the whole gamut of possibilities and sounds with electric guitar. 

Oliver I.

Go for the 57/66 EMGs- best pickups ever! 

Alan P.

seems like both of them are versatile and are probably competing with each other for sales. I was examining the EC-1000 Andromeda (Fishman) vs the M-1000 with 57/66TW's when looking at guitars last week.

Jeremy T.

I like the looks of the EC-1000 Andromeda and am very, very tempted...

metalhobo

if you like the one they have in the store, buy it. it's a great piece of mind over ordering something you haven't played. if you want to try the fluence pickups as well, you can swap them in for the emgs very easily.

Jeremy T.

You know, that's good advice. I think we (I) sometimes get so bogged down in decision making when it's probably splitting hairs at the end of the day. When there's so much choice and so many reviews online I sometimes think, "Oh no, what if I'm making the wrong decision." When there isn't really a wrong decision. Thanks for the advice!

Post to Thread