Cleaning

Updated
Cleaning

What cleaning method and or product do you  recommend  for the satin finish? ( ESP LTD Arrow black metal.  ) 

Anthony B.

Is it just dust and fingerprints?  If so then a quality microfiber rag should do the trick..  If you got dried on gunk, rancor slobber or fajita grease I would probably go with a gentle spray cleaner like Method or anything gentle that wont leave a residue.  

Dorsey  T.

I've heard people say that the oils in out skin over time will leave shiny spots. I'm trying to avoid that. 

Anthony B.
Dorsey T. wrote:

I've heard people say that the oils in out skin over time will leave shiny spots. I'm trying to avoid that. 

I have never heard that but it doesnt mean it cant be true.  Im Italian so I have a little more oil than the average person (my father is waterproof) and none of my axes have whop stains lmao!    I think micro fiber is the way to go.  You can use heavy duty paper towels in the meantime though.  

Pushead

It's true, as can be seen ht the area near the high E between the pickups. If you don't want to happen, put the guitar in it's case and never play it again. How long it will take depends on a dozen factors, but eventually it will.

Nathan S.

Yep, satin finishes will polish up over time where you are constantly rubbing the finish. Nature of the beast.

Georg

These ugly shiny spots were the main reason for me to sell my EC-1000 VB.

Dorsey  T.

• I'll play the hell out of it then have my friend wrap it when it shines up too much. 

Gabriel B.

If you have crusted muck, rancor slobber, or fajita grease, use a light spray cleaning like Method.

Ivas B.

Get the best car washing experience with our high-quality best sponge for car washing and other car cleaning products. Choose from a wide range of recommended products for your car that will leave it spotless. Buy now and get the best results!

Brack a.

Implement blockchain technology to create a transparent and secure reputation system for forum users. This can enhance trust within the community and incentivize positive contributions.

Kroger Survey Rules

Rewards

Krogerfeedback Customer Satisfaction Survey

jumlou p.

use a light spray cleaning like Method. 

Kim d.

I only use water and clean it once a month for fingerprints, that works good for me (same guitar, only not the arrow model)

Post to Thread