EC-1000 VB Duncan Year Differences

Updated
EC-1000 VB Duncan Year Differences

Okay so I had the EC-1000 VB Duncan in my mind for a few years now. Due to the scarcity of the guitar being out of stock everywhere, I could only hope I can see one in person. Finally the day came today and I purchased it without hesitation.

However, I was surprised that my model came with coil splits and a proper 12th fret inlay. Like hold on a minute. Wasn't the 12th fret supposed to have the block inlay which says EC-1000?

So I did a painstaking Google search and found out that models from 2017 (and before), 2018 and 2019 are DIFFERENT.

2017 is the one I used to dream about all day. 2018 moved the EC-1000 wording to the truss rod cover. Finally, 2019 added coil splits (my favourite feature). Dayum son, I got the better end of the deal than I thought.

Although this might also mean all EC-1000 are now made in Indonesia instead of made in Korea. Honestly, I don't mind the shift because everything still looks just like the one I always dreamt of owning.

If you are wondering why the new EC-1000 VB Duncan looks closer to an ESP E2 Eclipse than the older models, that's because it has been subtly upgraded.

Georg

Just wait for this gorgeous satin finish to start turning ugly glossy on various spots :|

Carl R.

Well, any instrument that is being played will show signs of wear. And good instruments will be played a lot. So the matte finish will be worn and the gold will fall off, yes. The gold wears off from the expensive Gibsons as well.

I bought one of these a week ago and I must say it is a great guitar. Not only for its price but in general. I also own an ESP Horizon Custom from the late 80's. The LTD may have some cheaper hardware and be a slight bit less fancy, but it feels just as good to play. The only weak part so far is the nut, which is too high. But it is a part that can be replaced.

Pickups sound great, it's good to see ESP/LTD move away from the God awful EMG pickups.

My EC-1000 VB Duncan was made in Korea in 2019, so it seems they still make them there. Or I got the last one, hehe.

Post to Thread