Necks and frets

Updated
Coby B.

I like ESP LTD products but im not a fan of thiner necks and the standard XJ frets on most of their guitars . I noticed there were some discrepancies on some models like the KH bolt on says ( extra thin u ) when in fact its thinner than the other ltd models of extra thin u , also the frets were huge on that like Dunlop 6100's but most of esp's/ltd s the frets are about as tall but narrower .

So my ultimate question is - is there a LTD model that has a thicker neck than even the " thin u " ? I have a sterling ball ax 40 d and the neck is literally 1" thick and 42mm width . I love the neck ...but the rest of the guitar is not so metal haha...plus i want a rosewood or equivalent fretboard. 

Im willing to play a signature ltd as long as it has a floyd and possibly an emg pup. 

Thanks in advance 

Pushead

Without knowing for sure, I'm going to guess probably not. Most of the thin U necks are around .83" at the 1st fret and .89" at the 12th.

1" at the 1st fret is pretty substantial. That's bigger than even the 57 Reissue Gibson boat neck I've played. I have an ES345 that's 1" at the 12th, but nothing that big at the top.

Post to Thread