Wiring Diagram ec-256

Updated
txjutsu

If anyone can help I need a wiring diagram for the EC-256.. 2 vol 1 tone/push pull.. Bought this guitar used and someone did some "modifications"... thanx in advance..

Matt C.

Same here man. Can't find a damn thing about it. Might have to replace the lot. 

OneMileLost

Why can't you just use the diagrams from the Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio page? Or any diagram for 2 vol 1 tone/push pull? 

jake s.

Speaking of the ec-256, i found a satin black on that has faded paint. Anything special about them?

Kevin B.

I can't get the Diagrams to upload on this forum.

Kevin B.

Kevin B.

Just installed these Duncan's Hot Rodded Humbuckers last night

Kevin B.

Please note, on the wiring Diagrams, that different brand Pickups have different color codes, 

G&B - Black is the same as Green on the Duncan

G&B- Green is the same as Red on the Duncan

G&B- Red is the same as Black on the Duncan

White is the same as White

Bare is the same as Bare

Mr.White

Kevin B. I realize I'm a bit late to the party on this topic, but just curious, do I need to order the 4 conductor versions of the duncans if I'm going to replace the stock pickups? 

I'm wanting to still use the coil split on the tone knob.

Thanks for posting the wiring diags as well.

Kevin B.

Sorry so late with reply

yes, 4 conductor, best if you are going to split the coil.

jason h.

Im trying to wire epiphone pickups to my EC 256. Ive got sound, its just fuzzy, and on a decent amp is noisey. Im confident I have one or two wires wrong. 

William M.

Anybody have a wiring diagram for the 3 way toggle switch?

I tried to upgrade to a switchcraft using the same wiring but apparently the switchcraft is very different 

thanks

Lt M.

I have as old an EC256 SOLID mahogany as you can get!! Best intonation and setup..upgraded all hardware..?is the a diagram for a harness that would use a Seymour Duncan blackout module as master tone and 2 volumes...upgraded as possible...many thx

Lt M.

Ps using vintage DiMarzio Steve Morse sig 2 wire humbuckers braided cover ground. , Cloth covered why hot..?again thx

kevin s.

i am electrician from Canada and very well know about wiring diagram. I usually upload all solution on my blog CapCut Template . Hope you guys will appreciate it.

Snap T.

Une fonctionnalité intéressante de Snaptube est sa capacité à convertir des vidéos en fichiers audio au format MP3. Cela vous permet d'écouter de la musique hors ligne sans avoir à regarder la vidéo.

Koni P.

Yes, You are right

Eric P.

I bought one of these as a fixer upper to work on fret dressing. Damn thing was already legit, highly disappointed, lol. 

peter l.

wiring diagram is helpful is making connection

Post to Thread