M series guitars

Updated
death-a-holic
Hello, I was wondering about the quality/feel/tone differences in the whole LTD M series range; pickups can always be changed, and there have been good reviews about the Floyd Rose Special bridge, is there any substantial reason to buy a 1000 series model rather than say, a 100? Are the substantial upgrades in the models only the pickups and the trem, or are there differences in the feel and playability? (the cosmetic upgrades are pretty much irrelevant to me) I personally even like more the bolt-on neck than the neck-through, as on the neck-through, the neck is painted, and at least on the M100FM I tried the neck had a satin feel. If there are people in here that have played/owned some the different M models(100,200,300,400,1000 etc.), can you tell which one would be the best "deal" out of these?
jonta

My 2002 M-1000 is one of my best guitars, it's just a great feeling, but I like painted neck and neckthrough.

cecilbag

There are differences in woods and quality. I always thought the 400 series was the best bang for the buck but now the only ltds I would buy are the 1000 series. I just don't like the chinese ones as much as the korean versions. The korean models were well built in my opinion. Try them out and see what you like. You can see what they're made out of in the catalogs or website

rumblebox

i have a 99 m-100. it was my main guitar for years after i installed EMGs. eventually i got a neck thru mahogany MH and realized how crappy basswood sounds in comparison. so now im building a mahogany/maple body for thd m-100. ill change the 12th fret to say M-100QM or something.

but yes. m series ltds are a great value.

rumblebox

also my 2010 MH-350NT is chinese, and the fit/finish/playability/sound is amazing. people talk shit about them, but i will defend mine. avoid the indonesian models though. i had a 2007 MH-100QMNT that had a dip in the neck, a bubble in the finish, and a crappy neck joint.

Post to Thread