Wrapping Guitars. Yes or Not?

Updated
Frank Goodheart
I have noticed there are few websites that offer adhesive skins for guitars that everyone can apply on their axes to customize em with a good graphic result, without spending lots of money in repainting them or bringing to a professional aerographer, and that can be easily removed or changed without damaging the guitar. What do you think? Are you open to this trend, or are you purists and you would never stick something on your axe? I've seen a user of this forum doing a great job on his guitar with a wrap, and I'm thinking to "copy" him ( cause I have the same guitar, not cause I'll use the same graphic :P ) But I'd like to know what the ESPers think about wraps... Tell your ideas
Blue260

hey, if anything is done right (and looks good) why not!

Can you post a link to the graphics page you're talking about.

mbesp

this would probably have been best placed in the general discussion forum.
also wrap away if you want.

Frank Goodheart

this would probably have been best placed in the general discussion forum.

That's true, I'm sorry, maybe some moderator will move it.

wrap away if you want

I think I'll do, I wanted just to see how many people know about this.

Pushead

The previous owner had it done by the guy who sells them on ebay. It's a vinyl print, so when applied properly it should stick pretty well.

Justinschut

I should get some green flames on my V

Justinschut

I sent the Axewrap a message with some questions, but he wasn't very helpfull.. Seems like he's not that into selling his product..

Strngth, could you make easy to apply green flames for my RAN ? (just a thought)

dethotica

Any ideas where I can buy a wrapper (or skin) for my old style ESP explorer ? I really like the one pictures here...

DayDay

That Phantom of the Opera Guitar looks a little Haggard around the pickups, as it it was rushed but otherwise pretty nice. That Explorer is awesome!

Justinschut

Kinda expensive, eventho it looks nice.. Too bad he didn't replace the pickups first

ammar

Agree, and how are these bolt-on 202's anyways?

Josh in NY

Agree, and how are these bolt-on 202's anyways?

The 202's aren't half bad. I had a buddy who had one and the only thing he did was put an EMG in the bridge spot as he only used the bridge pickup. Really good for the price, but swap out the pickups and your in like flint!

ammar

Cool, thanks. I always thought that "relatively" cheap bolt-on construction guitars are problematic in the tuning/sustain department.

ammar

Sweet, congrats.

DragonMF

Do not like those Ouija guitars

blistered earth

slick as usuall kami

Post to Thread