Me again, looking at a second guitar

Updated
Sho
Going to put my HIII in the same tuning as Hizaki from Versailles. I don't like the idea of resetting every time I want to play something different. I'm looking for something that's relatively easy to change the tuning. However, I don't want it to go out of tune too often. I'll be using this guitar for metal and some other randoms like video game music. Any insight would be great. ECLIPSE-II VB (Uses locking tuners) I'm not too familiar with these. Will it be just as hard to tune as the locking trem? H-1001 H-351NT
brandono61cr

you should look into a Hanneman sig

Sho

Tried that one, I love it. However it has a trem. I don't want to do a set up every time I change drop tunes.

Sho

There was some washburns what seemed neat. They had HSH can't find one anywhere. Emppu from nightwish had one. whoops double post

antipole

Doesn't the washburn cs-780 of Emppu's have a floyd rose which is something you don't want to begin with?

This thread is not going anywhere...

antipole

I think you should solidify your spec before asking the board for guitar suggestions. That Ibanez is a bolt-on, without EMGs, not of alder and (I could be very wrong with Ibanez) has a thicker and wider neck than the HIII or ESP Thin-U for that matter.

Good luck with your search.

JonCurcio

The wizard necks on those are thinner than the ESP thin U, but yeah they're 1-1/16 at the nut instead of 1-5/8. I prefer them, though.

Sho

As Antipole sugested I solidify my my specs. I did something and make some mind changes, but this is solid.

Alder prefered, mahogony is ok
Set neck/neck through, bolt on last choice
SD passives
No trem

Looking at the Ibanez as well but this is a bit of a pain to find anything I like.
Basswood
Any type of neck
Rosewood fret
Must be demarzios HSH the inf and V series sounds like a dozen angry bees trapped in a jar to me.
Can have a tream, I know I'm not looking for a trem but I haven't seen one ibanez NT with Dimarzios

oh budget, 900 with some wiggle room.

Post to Thread