Upgrading KH-202 pickups

Updated
lion2
Anyone know where I can find a guide with pictures on upgrading the pickups on my KH-202. I plan on putting EMG 81/60 on it.
fourmz

Wiring diagrams come with the EMG's. JUst make sure you dont ground them.

Mark K.

I have 2 battaries in my Kh-202...plenty of room..

though, not enough room for another one:p

lion2

So I went ahead and bought the EMG Pickups (81 & 60). The 60's where not available so I have to wait until they get delivered. However, when I got home to open up the guitar I noticed that I would have to install the new solderless system on the guitar. The wiring diagrams that came with the pickup do not show how to do this so does anyone know of any guide I can find that will help me do this?

lion2

Was able to figure everything out on my own and the guitar is working great now!

Roidster

picks or it didn't happen

lion2

picks or it didn't happen

LOL! Ok here are some pics. I really made a mess of the wires and will clean it up when I have time.

how do you like the 81/60 combo? I was thinking of going with 85/60 or maybe 85x/60x.....
Im really liking the combo, especially compared to the stock pickups. Since I havent used an 85/60 or 85x/60x combo, I can't really comment on the difference.

jclogston

Anyone know where I can find a guide with pictures on upgrading the pickups on my KH-202. I plan on putting EMG 81/60 on it.

how do you like the 81/60 combo? I was thinking of going with 85/60 or maybe 85x/60x.....

jeff

Post to Thread