The difference between 400's and 401's?

Updated
jus10
Hey ESP, was on the forum awhile back and lost my PW. It's great to be back. I was wondering, what is the difference between the new 401s? I know some guitars have new hardware and such, but I don't notice anything different on the viper 401. Is there any difference?
diadorastriker

401s are made in indonesia now.

jus10

401s are made in indonesia now.

LOL
AND THATS SUPPOSED TO BE AN UPGRADE?
Should be the -401

load more replies (1 of 1)
jus10

Oh yeah, forgot about the economy. I didn't actually think it'd affect ESP. I hope it's not for long.

johnny00

Don't knock the new Indonesian 401s. I played one recently and it was great! I was shocked because I too once bought an Indonesian Ibanez RG like 4 years ago and it was JUNK and returned it the next day. This is not the case with the ESP LTDs. Check one out and you'll see and feel what I mean. :)

Velt017

Indonesian quality has gone up considerably in past years... Also Korean production prices have gone up considerably this year as well.

They've gone up so much in fact that the Korean made instruments would cost almost as much as the Japanese or American made instruments, at which point it becomes silly to manufacture a line if imports that will be almost int he same price bracket as the USAs (or for ESP the Japanese made ones).

As has been said before, I've seen and played some great Indonesian guitars and these factories are pumping out a much higher quality than they were a few years ago.

I'd definitely still want to try it out before I bought it though.

shathe

my indonesian built spalted tele is one of my favorite, and cheapest, guitars...

shathe

the tele

dor f.

2 months ago i got a chinese 350NT and i was very impressed with it:
relly good build with nice finishing and amazing sound.
for the price i paid its one of the best buys i've ever did.

AWKguitarist

Korean built guitars in now where Japanese built guitars were years ago.
They are awesome in craftsmanship. A friend of mine prefers my Ltd EC-1000 (korea) over my USA Gibson Les Paul Standard hands down.

Murdoc

Whoa, where did you dig this thread up at?

Post to Thread