Secret of LTD name

Updated
Secret of LTD name

As far as we all know ESP is abbreviation of Electric Sounds Products.
But one thing always provided a challenge to me: is LTD an abbreviation?
If it so, what from?
In Russia the mostly accepted version is that LTD means Limited.
It based on "limited capabilities" of LTD guitars in comparison with ESP.
Do you have some ideas about it?

Derrick C.

I remember reading somewhere years ago the it stands for Limited Tailored Design....not sure how accurate it is but fits.

Justinschut

It doesn't stand for anything, they just thought it sounded cool.

Matt C.

I love my Ltds dude ;) what's in a name? ;) I wouldn't say they are limited in what they can do in comparison to an ESP tho, you can still play the same notes, get similar tonal qualities etc :) However let the flaming commense :D x

vipprimo

Yea, the angst toward LTD is incredible when I think it's an exceptional product.  Compared to other brands of the same price (that will go epi-nameless) the LTD literally crushed them.  

Eet Fuk

Well, the first thing that came to my mind was "Limited". But I do not think that this fine company would give its B-brand such a dumb name, which is normally given to describe companies... :D

Steven W.

George lynch said ESP stood for EXTRA SMALL PENIS to make vernon Reid feel better about leaving ESP and LTD is Little tiny DICK LOL

Pushead

The big secret is that most everyone pronounces it wrong. Most people say the letters individually L-T-D, but it's actually pronounced "elted" or "el-ted."

Post to Thread