Twins

Updated
Twins

Got another MII to match one of my favorite guitars in my collection.  My original one has Kahler ESP Floyd patent pending trem and locking nut with no string tree.  The nut screws don't go through the volute.  Both have EMG 81's.  Does anyone have an MII like these?  Thanks.

Pushead

I do. Mine is (was) like your original one with the Kahler licensed trem with no string retainer. I swapped it to an OFR a few years ago and drilled for a string retainer and then never put it on.

The model was known in 92-93 is an M-II Deluxe. In this case, deluxe meant 24 frets and bolt-on neck. In that era "custom" meant 24 frets and a neck-through body.

Adric M.

Thats awesome!  Did you not like the Kahler?  Did you have to route the trem cavity at all?  Mine looks like it narrows somewhat.  How rare are these do you think. I laughed at Essex similar guitar they have listed for over $5000 on Reverb.  Appreciate you commenting.

Pushead

The posts on my Kahler were were wearing out, as were the screws on the locking nut. No routing needed, though I did put dowels in the holes for the bridge posts and drilled new holes for the Floyd posts.

I wouldn't say they're particularly rare, though they were only made for a year or two before it was renamed the KH-2.

Savion J.

Nice guitar. seterra

smith j.

Congratulations on adding another MII to your collection! It sounds like you have a distinctive setup with the Kahler ESP Floyd patent pending trem, locking nut, and EMG 81 pickups. It's always exciting to find guitars with unique features that match your preferences. While I can't personally confirm others with identical MIIs, exploring online forums, guitar communities, or social media groups dedicated to specific guitar models may help you connect with fellow enthusiasts who share similar setups. Enjoy your new addition and the continued exploration of your guitar collection!

Post to Thread