ESP MII pickups

Updated
James B.

Hello, sorry if this is not the right place for this but I have a question about my ESP MII. 

I am long time guitar player - going on 40 years. Been through a lot of guitars and gear.

I love my MII except it is a little to bright. It has a floyd rose and is a maple fretboard which I understand can be brighter. Came with a JB which is generally my favorite. Was way trebly. Tried Custom 5 no go and right now have a Dimarzio Super Distortion which is the best so far. Still pretty shrill on the high strings. Any recommendations on pickups to reduce the treble and more depth? I use pro gear, marshalls, Soldano, Diezel, etc. 10 gauge strings. 

Anyone else experience this or have recommendations?

Thanks,

metalhobo

my charvel with a one-piece maple neck had a dimarzio tone zone way back when, which I disliked because it didn't have enough treble. it might be the ticket for the sound you're looking for, though.

James B.

Thanks. You know I had a charvel with the tone zone in it and did replace it with a JB cause it was too dark. That will be the next one I try. Thanks!

Logan W.

Interesting

Larry M.

I would suggest looking into Bare Knuckle pickups. Their Nailbomb might provide the balance you need between clarity and warmth especially with your preference for heavier gauge strings.
Pool Fences Installation in Westport CT

Post to Thread