About the ESP EX/FX series

Updated
Nagash
I'd just like to know if I'm the only one who would like the ESP EX and FX series to have 25'5 scale and 24 frets. Personally I think it is better to have 24 frets because even if you don't use them a lot it's just a few more possibilities... I've been searching for an explorer shaped guitar with 24 frets and a floyd rose bridge and the only one I found and liked was the Jackson KE2 but it's waaay too expensive for me |I :mad: (something around €2300 so $3200) So if I am not the only one interested in such an "update" for the EX/FX series I may send them an email as suggestion, and it is possible that in the future they might suit my preferences too (and so I won't need to custom order an extra guitar for me HA HA HA). So here this thread is just to discuss about it. Don't even know if it can be interesting but we'll see that...
David_VI

Can't imagine my EX with more frets..
I wonder why explorers don't seem to have more than 22?

Monologous

I'd like that aswell.

Llexileon

Worth mentioning that a 25.5 scale Explorer/EX is going to sound nothing like an Explorer. They're based on the gibson precedent, so customer demand is for that classic 22 fret short scale mahogany tone.

I don't think they'd produce 25.5 scale versions on mass unless it was a signature model or something.

Nagash

Worth mentioning that a 25.5 scale Explorer/EX is going to sound nothing like an Explorer. They're based on the gibson precedent, so customer demand is for that classic 22 fret short scale mahogany tone.

I don't think they'd produce 25.5 scale versions on mass unless it was a signature model or something.

Yeah okay it won't sound like the gibson explorer but at least it will be innovative. If all the other brands wouldn't do anything else than copy fender and gibson I can't see why we should need them.

That's all I expect from ESP : take the original explorer from gibson and improve it. If they just copy the gibsons i'd take a gibson one

Post to Thread