ESP M1 NTB Tone??

Updated
espsy
Hey anyone who owns one of these, can you give me an idea of the tone from it? Im usually used to and like the tone of mahogany ESPs but wanna get something different this time around. I used to have a black SRC signature, but i didnt like it, i thought it lacked any balls, im thinkin it may be the same but hey thought id ask anyway. I may go for a MII NTB instead? Thoughts plz
wesjoh225

i dont have one. but ive played it and i say it pretty much like M-II's so if you can try it out first i'd say try before you buy. it plays very good. but not my cup of tea(no fr =/ )

Xochitl

Hey anyone who owns one of these, can you give me an idea of the tone from it? Im usually used to and like the tone of mahogany ESPs but wanna get something different this time around. I used to have a black SRC signature, but i didnt like it, i thought it lacked any balls, im thinkin it may be the same but hey thought id ask anyway. I may go for a MII NTB instead?
Thoughts plz

The neck seems to have a more important role in the general tone of a neck-thru guitar than in other types of construction.* In the SRC, the Horizon (neck-thru), etc. you actually have more of a maple tone.

*There even are many discussions around the idea that the neck wood is more important to tone than the body wood.

espsy

So do you think the M1 will be less thin sounding so to speak!?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Frank S.

I have one and not only is it amazing sounding plugged in..but it rings almost like an acoustic unplugged..truley amazing sounding

metalhobo
Frank S. wrote:

I have one and not only is it amazing sounding plugged in..but it rings almost like an acoustic unplugged..truley amazing sounding

holy thread bump...

but yes, the M1 NTB is very loud and snappy unplugged. something about the maple/ebony neck-thru combination with the TOM/string-thru

sp1ke

it sounds like a chainsaw cutting a dead baby in half.

Xochitl

Well, actually I wrote that it 's MY most massive guitar compared to two strats and an all mahogany set neck (rosewood fretboard) guitar.
If the comparison with the strats is not very relevant to say the least, the comparison withe the Nighthawk surprised me a little. But is it meaningful to AB EMGs (81/60A) with stock Gibson pups ( a slanted hummy and a mini-hummy)? I'm not convinced myself...

Anyway, you can hear my sound in my band's myspace. Are you a member and Walpurgisnacht are played only with my NT-II and mostly with the 60A. On the first tune there are two main guitar sounds : the difference is from the amp and the recording mike.
BTW, pure metal? Somme may be surprised here. :)

I don't think I have a special NT-II, but I love it! ;)

Post to Thread