Beaten Beyond

Gotoh Floyd Rose direct replacement for Horizon OFR?

Updated
I've got a snow white Standard Series Horizon FR coming in soon and it has black nickel hardware. I'm already thinking about switching out the hardware for black. After reading on the net, I'm actually leaning more towards...
MORE »
Melodies

Esp Forest GT owners.

Updated
Hi everyone, I'm new to the esp forums and I'm not the most knowledgeable with these kind of things so I'll be asking for help haha I am looking to partner with someone(or someones) with a Forest GT guitar to help me...
MORE »
johnny00

How does ESP get the finish on Eclipse VTB?

Updated
The finish on the ECLIPSE II Vintage Black is the smoothest finish on a neck I've ever felt and I'm wondering how they do it. Does anyone know the process? Thanks!...
MORE »
Mystievel

Tube Swap

Updated
Question for anyone who knows anything about amps. I believe it is ok to do this but I just want to double check to make sure. I have a Randall RG200D G3 combo amp (yes you were all right the effects totally take away...
MORE »
Graeme

black inlay materials

Updated
ive seen a few guys on the board build their own guitars. i was looking at making sone black ace of spades inlays but am not sure what material to use. i was thinking a black heavy nylon might be alright but was after a bit...
MORE »
CTripodi

Extra Jumbo Frets

Updated
I have noticed in just about all , if not all, ESP/LTD guitars have extra jumbo frets. Why is that? When I played my F400, it felt like speed bumps and it was uncomfortable to my fingers. I would like to get another LTD some...
MORE »
Brain Becker

Floyd Rose cover plate

Updated
I just received my Urban Camo M-II I ordered and the guitar is great, but one thing is odd. The back plate that covers the springs for the Floyd isn't recessed like all of my other guitars are, so the plate protrudes just a...
MORE »
Metahead

2 springs vs 3 springs for a Floyd

Updated
is it looser and easier to push and pull with 2?...
MORE »
Vhmetalx

EMGs for 7 string?

Updated
what pups do you prefer for a 7 string? i want advice for what to get, never had a 7 until now. and sorry for font color.. i clicked something weird....
MORE »
80sMetalDude

ESP Eclipse Standard - Dead Frets

Updated
Desperate for assistance. I love my ESP Eclipse Standard however I just can NOT lower the action to an acceptable level due to some High E string fret issues on the 15th fret area. Looking for any advice. I can lower...
MORE »
18v on EMG X-Series

18v on EMG X-Series

Updated
Does anyone have much experience with the EMG X-Series? If so, is it worth wiring them for 18v or does the increased headroom of the X-Series make it completely unnecessary?...
MORE »
johnny00

any experience or opinions on tone pros or resomax bridges?

Updated
I'm wondering if they are worth the $60. If they will improve tone and clarity as I've read. Thanks....
MORE »
VinnySem

Need a replacement Schaller LFR for early 90's Maverick Deluxe

Updated
Hey everyone, I need a replacement tremolo for my Maverick Deluxe circa 1993ish. A friend had a Schaller "clone" that did not quite fit; the cutout is kind of tight and the block was hitting the body in one spot, and the...
MORE »
stonedmental

N00b question changing strings FR bridge

Updated
Hey, Sorry for being ignorant but; I got a LTD MH1000 and it has the floyd rose bridge type. It's time to change the strings and I have heard lots of people saying not to do it or I will mess things up. If I used the...
MORE »
Beaten Beyond

Techies....how much neck relief do you like?

Updated
I have read books by Dan Erlewine and so forth that have mentioned setting up guitars with zero relief (straight neck) or maybe .002" of relief. I've owned several guitars (well over 25) and I always seem to dial it in at...
MORE »