Extra Jumbo Frets

Updated
CTripodi
I have noticed in just about all , if not all, ESP/LTD guitars have extra jumbo frets. Why is that? When I played my F400, it felt like speed bumps and it was uncomfortable to my fingers. I would like to get another LTD some day, but with regular sized frets. My fingers are small which makes it harder to be agile on the fretboard, and extra jumbo frets do not help. Enlighten me with some answers, thank you.
MV-CTM

most people find it easier to play with jumbos *shrug* also they are not really that big...other companies use bigger frets. Compared to fenders and gibson yes they are big but...Ibanez, Jackson, etc. use bigger ones.

FSM

I have a Jackson SL2H USA and the frets are not larger than my ESPs. Extra jumbo is especially nice for fast solos etc, since it gives a scalloped like feel/string bend-ability. Also, if you like to do pinch harmonic wide vibrato squeals, then nothing beats extra jumbo. I don't see how fret size matters to finger size. Smaller frents don't shorten the reach from fret to fret or anything.

FSM

I have a Jackson SL2H USA and the frets are smaller than my ESPs. Sometimes I nick my finger on the fingerboard when bending on the Jackson, which annoys me, and that never happens on my ESPs. I don't see how fret size matters to finger size. Smaller frents don't shorten the reach from fret to fret or anything.

Post to Thread