N00b question changing strings FR bridge

Updated
stonedmental
Hey, Sorry for being ignorant but; I got a LTD MH1000 and it has the floyd rose bridge type. It's time to change the strings and I have heard lots of people saying not to do it or I will mess things up. If I used the same guage of string that was on before and changed one string at a time would it not work out fine if i tuned and stretched strings like normal? If anyone has any experience let me know because I don't want to break the neck or anything,.... The manual makes it seem so easy and foolproof though. long story short: Is it actually any different than a bridge that is blocked vs floating?
johnny00

Best way to change strings on Floyd equipped guitar is like you said...One at a time. take one string off, put on the new one, tune it up to pitch, stretch it a bit, next, and so on. If you use the same exact guage of string, nothing will change. If you change the guage, it will require adjusting the tremolo claw slightly for more or less spring tension. No worries...You won't break the neck.

stonedmental

Hey guys thanks a lot for the help. I just heard a lot of people complaining about how complicated of a process this was and that I was dumb for trying it. Basically just posting to eliminate my paranoia, it does seem pretty easy... Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Post to Thread