Unusual ESP LTD KH-602

Updated
Unusual ESP LTD KH-602

Hi,

I saw in Japanese shop unusual version of LTD Kh-602, with unpainted back of the neck and headstock and inlays similar to ESP KH-2 version (I've compared it to my ESP KH-2).

I've got regular Korea Kh-602 and it's all black with slightly different inlays. Both of them are neckthru.

Can You tell me is it some custom shop version? What ESP/LTD factory made it (Japan, Korea, Indonesia, China, Vietnam)?

I send You pictures of this odd KH-602.

Looking for Your answer

Nick

Nick S.

Thanks metalhobo for answer

I've read these two posts and can't make any conclusions

From my perspective:

1. I saw few models like this one and all of them had different numbers, and different year of production so it shouldn't be fake

2. If "L" means Chinese factory it wouldn't be so nice (guitar quality looks superior)

3. Guitar has Gotoh tuners, EMG pickups, Original Floyd Rose like top LTD models or even ESP

4. Inlays on guitar are just like ESP version (skulls arn't so slim) and place when neck meets the body is also not like standard LTD kh-602 (but ESP like)

5. Fretboards are rosewood on oldest (darkest) and Pau Ferro on newest models (lighter colour)

6. Unpainted neck looks (in my oppinion) better and once again like ESP version

For me it looks like ESP Kh-2 NTB but with LTD logo

Any comment would be appreciate

metalhobo

since nobody from ESP has chimed in, I would suggest emailing them to see if they can provide clarification on the country of origin, etc. customerservice@espguitars.com

Nick S.

I've asked shop owner and he sent an email to ESP in Tokio. They could only tell the Year of production. Strange...

In latest posts Pushead has sent also a message to customservice. Did he have an answer?

I think I will take a risk and buy this guitar for myself to see what it's worth.

Nick S.

The guitar has arrived from Tokio. It's far more superior than regular Korean LTD Kh-602. I've checked and everything is right: dual EMG 81, Gotoh tuners, Oryginal Floyd Rose (not 1000). It's sounds amazing and finish is stunning like in my other ESP Kh-2.

And here is compare to regular Korean LTD Kh-602

Nick S.

I also found old Reverb auction (15563238) witch may be the answer to origin of my Kh-602. It's about LTD Kh-130, but it looks very familiar. The warranty card number starts with letter "L" and that guitar was built in Japanese Edwards factory.

And old Topic

https://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963222/posts/4464248-strange-esp-ltd-kh-guitar

Do You have any clue?

91horizon

Japan Market KH model

Nick S.

Hi

That's what I thought. This Japanese Kh-602  looks and plays awesome.

ESP 348

I have no idea what it is, but it's an awesome guitar man!! Congrats and enjoy.

Nick S.

Hi ,

Thanks for Your comment. I'm glad that I took a risk and bought this Kh-602 from Japanese shop.

Here is compare it to my ESP Kh-2

ESP 348

Cheers mate, could pass it off as a KH2 if it didn't have LTD on the headstock.

Nick S.

ESP Kh-2 is more common. I think it's better to be one of a kind... (or at least few...)... ;-p

Emma O.

Hello Nick,

The LTD KH-602 you saw in the Japanese shop might be a limited edition or a custom shop version of the guitar.
However, LTD and ESP have been known to release special edition models with unique finishes and inlays from time to time, so it's possible that this KH-602 you saw is one of those models. As for the factory that produced it, it could be any of the factories that LTD and ESP work with, including those in Japan, Korea, Indonesia, China, or Vietnam. exhibit of sorrows 

Nick S.

Hello everyone,

I've had this LTD Kh-602 for over 2 years now and I can say it's brilliant - as good as my other geniune ESP Kh-2. I also bought E-II  MII Urban Camo and compared to it the japanese LTD KH-602 is better. Here's an example of this - one of my band's rehearsals.

https://youtu.be/H9nkkUg_3Dw

brian w.

ASK ESP is now available on our homepage

Post to Thread