ESP E-2 Arrow fifth string buzz-noise

Updated
Striker92.

Hello, i have an Esp e-2 arrow with Floyd Rose, tuned to Drop-c, with string gauge 11-56. My 5th string buzz when played open, but not against the fret! The noise is very strange. The action is perfectly adjusted, and the neck relief to. What can cause this problem? Here isna video about that. Thank you for the support!

https://streamable.com/e8vxp3

metalhobo

the nut is too low. you can try shimming up the nut with something thin.

Striker92.

How are you sure that this is the problem? The reason is because the string is thicker than normal ones (gauge 0.44)? 

metalhobo
Striker92. wrote:

How are you sure that this is the problem? The reason is because the string is thicker than normal ones (gauge 0.44)? 

what happens if you increase the pitch of that string (using the tuners, not fretting) by a half step or a whole step then try plucking the open note again?

Striker92.
metalhobo wrote:

what happens if you increase the pitch of that string (using the tuners, not fretting) by a half step or a whole step then try plucking the open note again?

The problem remains, half step up or whole. About what you said in the first message, i can tell you that the the string seems to be a little bit lower than the other ones. If i fret the third fret, and i check with the other hand the bar on the first fret, the strings seems to be closer to the fretboard than the other ones.

Striker92.

Up, hope someone can help Still can’t understand if the problem is in the nut. Fretting the fret 3 on that string, it seems there is not space on the first fret on the bar. Maybe the nut is too low for the thicker gauge string? Strange, cause it is the same on my esp eclipse and there is no noise... 

ESP Guitars

We recommend bringing this to a luthier or repair shop for further assistance. Open string buzz usually stems from the nut being too low or the neck being improperly set with backbow. Issues like this are very difficult to diagnose without the guitar present, so a local technician will be your best bet. 

Post to Thread