help me wiring,ESP KH can 't find the diagram even on the emg webpage

Updated
giovanni V.

Hi

i own a kh '93 or 94' with No active pickup

my guitar pickup are not active

well yesterday i changed the imput jack (it was weak)  and and i did soder using a new cable

well ,that 's very weird

because i had the first pod for the volume (for the neck & bridge pickups) , and second and third pods for the tones (second for the neck , third for the tone)

now after soldering , my first pod become my neck volume pickup ,the second pod the bridge volume pickup and the third the tone

here some picture before the soldering and after the soldering

before the soldering , i have played my guitar and the first pod volume , second and third pods tones

giovanni V.

my second cable , afeter i have soldered the new cable

and now i have first knob (pod) neck volume, second knob (pod) bridge volume , third knob (pod) tone

is there a diagram ? and is there a way to have the first pod to control the volume , and the second and third the tone

thanks  a lot

giovanni V.

hi

nobody knows where can i get a diagram?

on seymour duncan 's site , i can not get the right wiring diagram

thanks

Pushead

You want a master volume and individual tone controls? Similar to a Stratocaster?

Because even in the original photos, you should have had 2 volumes and only 1 tone.

Pushead

If I understand what you want, this should show you how to do it. But you'll need to buy another capacitor to make the middle pot into a tone control.

In the diagram, they show the pickups having 4 conductors instead of just a single conductor and a shield. Use the line from the "North-start" as the inner black wire, and the braided shield should be wired to the common ground/earth connection.

My advice would be to remove all of the connections in the circuit and start from scratch, because you need to rewire almost everything in the cavity in order to have it as 1 volume & 2 tone.

giovanni V.
Pushead wrote:

If I understand what you want, this should show you how to do it. But you'll need to buy another capacitor to make the middle pot into a tone control.

In the diagram, they show the pickups having 4 conductors instead of just a single conductor and a shield. Use the line from the "North-start" as the inner black wire, and the braided shield should be wired to the common ground/earth connection.

My advice would be to remove all of the connections in the circuit and start from scratch, because you need to rewire almost everything in the cavity in order to have it as 1 volume & 2 tone.

Hi

i would like to have the original wiring diagram "Because even in the original photos, you should have had 2 volumes and only 1 tone" just like the esp kh without active pickup

thanks

Pushead

Kirk's guitars have 2 volume and only 1 tone. The wiring you have now is correct.

giovanni V.

Hi Pushead

i really appreciate it a lot , where have you found these 2 diagrams?

thank you so much

Guiguitarz

Pushead

I just did a Google search, but both images point to guitarelectronics.com

giovanni V.
Pushead wrote:

I just did a Google search, but both images point to guitarelectronics.com

hi

may i just ask a question about the default configuration 2 volumes and 1 tone?

about the the 2 switch -> both pickups (neck+bridge)  and the 2 volume knobs + tone knob

for me it 's a non sense in the second switch (neck+brige pickups) ,because if i lower  the 1 volume (the neck pick) to zero , the volume on the second pickup is zero too

i mean the neck pickup knob  should lower and turn off only the neck pick , but not the bridge pickup

or?

what do i miss?

thanks

Pushead

I'm not positive, but I believe if you switch the wire that goes to the pickup and the wire that goes to the switch on both volume pots, it should work as you describe.

giovanni V.
Pushead wrote:

I'm not positive, but I believe if you switch the wire that goes to the pickup and the wire that goes to the switch on both volume pots, it should work as you describe.

Hi

but the does/did the esp kh come with this wiring?

i mean in the middle posistion ,neck + bridge pick, if i turn off one volume knob ,does it affect both?

thanks

Pushead

Yes, in the middle position either volume knob will control both on the KH guitars.

Pushead

The wiring of my late 90s KH-2.

The middle pot shows a T, but it's a volume pot.

giovanni V.
Pushead wrote:

The wiring of my late 90s KH-2.

The middle pot shows a T, but it's a volume pot.

Hi Pushead

and with your wiring ,you can control eache pickup volume ?

in short if you turn off the neck pickup ,the bridge pickup does it sound , right?

really appreciate Pushead , cheers and again thank you so much!

Pushead

With the switch set to the neck position, the pot closest to the neck controls the volume, the center pot does nothing and the rear pot controls the tone.

With the switch set to the middle position, either the neck pot or the center pot controls the overall volume, the rear pot controls the tone.

With the switch set to the bridge position, the pot closest to the neck does nothing, the center pot controls the volume and the rear pot controls the tone.

Post to Thread