Replacing VIPER DELUXE 1000

Updated
Damien t.

I have absolutely loved my Viper deluxe 1000 to the point that I never wanted another guitar! I use drop down DR strings and also Heavy Core Dunlap, I tend to play really deep old chunky Alice In Chains  Power Chords , Harvester of sorrow type thick chunky deep chords through a backstar 40 watt tube with upgraded tubes, on the flip side I play a cleanish heavily processed sound that is like Janes addiction three days and use some heavy effects with delays reverbs and some open ended spacey sounds and even some rhythm strumming with clean tones. I loved the deluxe 1000 viper and it was stolen out of storage.  j

I see there aren't many of those to find used and I have found a few new ones floating around 

Im considering 

the New Viper Baritone 2019 model 400b but would like to know how that would fit with my playing style ? It also doesn't speak to me as much as the design on the deluxe loved the pearl inlays and finishing touches

I have looked for some standard series Vipers Japan made seem a couple for 1300 fish used even one new in Spain? but not sure if I trust that 

I really liked the weight of the deluxe and found some used ok for 600-800, standard series from 1300-3000, and this new Baritone model which I would like to know how it compares in sound? 

LOVE ESP VIPER only for me is all I play 

Cogan C.

There are a couple of Deluxe Viper 1000's listed on Reverb, maybe one of those might work for you. I don't have any experience with the Viper series, so I cant comment on the sound quality.

Damien t.

I saw those on Reverb , but had an interest in the new 2019 model and wondered how the 400B sound would compare?

Cogan C.

I've never played one, your best bet would be to head to your local guitar store and see if they might have one you could try, or maybe something similar. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I mostly play the Horizon and M-II series.

Post to Thread