80'S ESP Telecaster

Updated
80'S ESP Telecaster

Looking for info on this. Im the 3rd owner and have had it since 1991. I know this is the same as the 80s " the eclipse custom". 

My question is this. Mine is different than any other I have ever seen. Everyone I have seen says "the eclipse custom" ( even izzys in the sweet child video) on the headstock. Mine does not. Mine also has the serial number stamped at the 24th instead of on the back of the headstock. There is also nothing under the pickups.

Any help please....serial number is 461. The floyd is original but the emgs are not. Even esp doeant know for sure. Ive been told maybe a pre-production, special order or maybe a 48th st.

ESP Guitars

Hey Brian, send these photos over to our customer service at customerservice@espguitars.com and they will further assist you, thanks!

GearGuy

I also have this same guitar, had thought for the longest time I was the only one. What did you find about it? Ive found nothing. Interested to know specs and the value so I can add it to my insurance policy, or perhaps trading purposes

Brian O.

Does your have " the eclipse custom" on the headstock? according to esp mine is custom order. Mine doesnt have the eclipse on the headstock. No binding and has an original floyd. The production model had a licenced esp trem, binding and the " eclipse custom" on the headstock. Built between 87 and 89.

I notice you mention trading purposes.....ill trade you a black ESP Horizon for your tele

GearGuy

1. Its been a few years since I got it out. Ill have to take a look. Mine does not have binding nor the Floyd Rose, same headstock looks like, same hardware and everything else it appears. I don't recall what it says on the block inlay on the neck. Like I said it's been a few years since I got it out. Just a collectors thing, I do know it's the hottest tele out of all of them I had and was setup low and played very very easily. If I recall it had more of a strat styled bridge on it. Ill get it out this weekend and get some pics. 

Chi Teng

Hi there, i have a very similar problem. Check my posts for details. Esp also said it was a custom order, prior to 2005

Post to Thread