ESP Standard guitar Made in Korea

Updated
James D.

Can anyone confirm whether a left handed ESP Standard FX guitar from 2011 would have been made in Japan or Korea. The person selling it insists that it is Korean made, but I thought all ESP Standard are made in Japan:

SN: SS1004118

James D.

I mean, this has to be some sort of fake or something, right? With the discoloration on the fretboard...this doesn't seem like a $2000 quality guitar

Jeff M  ESP GUITARS

ESP Standards were always made in Japan.  And even if this was a legitimate instrument, the discoloration would also concern me as well.

James D.

So funny story...

I had emailed ESP customer service and they finally called me and confirmed that the serial number matches the model and that it was, indeed, a left handed custom order shipped to the same city as the seller. I took a gamble since I can always return it within 7 days via Reverb and got it today. It feels really good and every detail matches the original (Sperzel tuners, Gotoh bridge, the bone nut, etc.) . Unless you see something in these newer photos, I guess the seller is clearly a better musician than he is a photographer.

Post to Thread