Could ESP create COA?

Updated
xmutx

hi,    

I purchased the following guitar which the sellers claim is an new old stock. There was no certificate of authenticity with the guitar. First, is it possible to verify it’s legitimate and second, would ESP be able to produce a COA?

EXPcustom

It just a SS serial series guitar, most of them didn't have COAs and I have never heard of ESP remaking or replacing COAs for guitars but either way good luck. Yes your guitar is very real, as in it's an ESP not a fake.

xmutx

I appreciate the response. As for the serial, only thing that threw me off was it seemed like the SS notation on serials only came to be sometime in the early 2000s. However, The guitar was described to me as a 90s instrument. Are the serial numbers on these instruments that out of whack?

xmutx

I looked up the 2008 catalog and it matches. It was part of the standard series like you mentioned. Offered from 2007-2012. Just need to figure  out why the seller was so off base claiming a 90s instrument. 

EXPcustom
xmutx wrote:

I looked up the 2008 catalog and it matches. It was part of the standard series like you mentioned. Offered from 2007-2012. Just need to figure  out why the seller was so off base claiming a 90s instrument. 

Most people even dealers that you buy second hand guitars off of very rarely know the history of their guitar or do much research on them. It's just one of those things you should research or know before buying. I bought 80's guitars from sellers who thought they were newer or vice versa, point was that I knew what the guitar was.

ESP 348

The dealer was obviously wrong when he stated it was a guitar from the 90s, but that's ok.

In regards to having ESP make you another COA, it's very unlikely they will do that for a SS series guitar.

Many forum members here over the years have tried to get ESP to make them new COAs to replace the lost COAs with their guitars and they have not had any luck.

You have a great guitar there, hope you enjoy Helmut.

Ihno M.

Short answer: No, they won't.

Big Daddy B
EXPcustom wrote:

It just a SS serial series guitar, most of them didn't have COAs and I have never heard of ESP remaking or replacing COAs for guitars but either way good luck. Yes your guitar is very real, as in it's an ESP not a fake.

Just a comment the three SS serials I have owned all came with them. 2 were signature series but one (a Vintage Plus) isn't. That has nothing to do with the authenticity of the OP's guitar. I would have no concerns there. I also don't believe ESP would give you a new COA either.

xmutx

Thanks folks, very much appreciate the info and assessment

Post to Thread