New Eclipse - broken G string

Updated
neveser

I just got my new Eclipse yesterday. I was playing it through the amp for the first time tonight and I noticed that it was out of tune. I checked it and it was about a half step out .I figured it was due to the strings stretching since they're obviously new. Anyway, I was tuning and the G string broke right at the tuner. I know on the FAQ that it says that they ship with D'Addario but there was an Elixer tag in the case. I assume they're polyweb since it's blue but it doesn't say. I just wanted to try and match what was on the guitar since they do feel nice. Does anyone know if these are .10 or .09?

ESP Admin
neveser wrote:

I just got my new Eclipse yesterday. I was playing it through the amp for the first time tonight and I noticed that it was out of tune. I checked it and it was about a half step out .I figured it was due to the strings stretching since they're obviously new. Anyway, I was tuning and the G string broke right at the tuner. I know on the FAQ that it says that they ship with D'Addario but there was an Elixer tag in the case. I assume they're polyweb since it's blue but it doesn't say. I just wanted to try and match what was on the guitar since they do feel nice. Does anyone know if these are .10 or .09?

Your guitar should be equipped with a .010-.046 gauge set of strings. The name of this D'Addario string set is EXL110.
http://www.daddario.com/DADProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=3769&productid=13&productname=EXL110_Nickel_Wound__Regular_Light__10_46

If you continue to experience issues with the G tuner snapping strings please let us know.

neveser

I played for about 20 minutes tonight and I noticed that the guitar was ever so slightly out of tune. I tuned it up just a few cents and start playing... my low E string popped right at the tuner after about 6 light strums. So 2 strings in as many weeks snapping right at the tuner. Between this and the finish issue I contacted support about, I'm not sure what to do with this guitar. I really like it but it seems like I'm having a lot of issues with it considering how much it costs. It's kind of bumming me out.                  

Post to Thread