Lakland 55-02 vs BB-1005 Bunny

Updated
John J.

I have a Lakland 55-02, and it's a really great bass. It sounds great and it feels great with 2 exceptions...for me.
I am not so sure that I am comfortable with the 35" scale and the 19mm string spacing.
I stumbled on the BB-1005 Bunny Brunel yesterday and from what little I have been able to gleen from the internet, this might be a nice alternative. The few demos I have heard sound good.
Does anyone have any experience with both of these basses and how they compare?

Also, a follow-up to that. The RB-1005 looks really interesting also. The specs on it look good (light-weight, Aguilar etc) except for the lack of a 3 band pre-amp. Does ESP plan to remedy that? Mids = cut = being heard. I haven't seen any good demos of this on the tube of U. Most sound well, not so good, to be honest. But again, the specs look pretty good and it's attractive.
Thanks

John J.

Bump

ESP Admin
John J. wrote:

I have a Lakland 55-02, and it's a really great bass. It sounds great and it feels great with 2 exceptions...for me.
I am not so sure that I am comfortable with the 35" scale and the 19mm string spacing.
I stumbled on the BB-1005 Bunny Brunel yesterday and from what little I have been able to gleen from the internet, this might be a nice alternative. The few demos I have heard sound good.
Does anyone have any experience with both of these basses and how they compare?

Also, a follow-up to that. The RB-1005 looks really interesting also. The specs on it look good (light-weight, Aguilar etc) except for the lack of a 3 band pre-amp. Does ESP plan to remedy that? Mids = cut = being heard. I haven't seen any good demos of this on the tube of U. Most sound well, not so good, to be honest. But again, the specs look pretty good and it's attractive.
Thanks

While there are plans to make changes to the RB-1004 and RB-1005 for next year, there are no current plans to adjust the control configuration, but we appreciate your input! Also, as you may have assumed, we are unable to provide a comparative analysis between the LTD/BB-1005 and the non-ESP item you had listed. The scale length for the BB-1005 is 34" and the string spacing at the bridge is .787" which is about 20mm. The bridge is equipped with adjustable saddles that change the string spacing but not drastically, if you were looking for much shorter distances between the strings.

John J.

That is more information than I had before, so thanks! I appreciate it!

Mark M.

I have a couple of questions on the BB-1005 Bunny Brunel.

Could you describe the neck profile?   I have a B205 fretless, I like it's thin neck.  I know the BB-1005 Bunny Brunel has an asymmetric neck but, is it more like a jazz neck, precision, B-series extra thin U, chunky C in the lower frets jazz at the top?

Also, you stated the saddles are adjustable for spacing. Can they be brought down to 18mm or 17.5? 

Lastly, I have a B-205 fretless that I find very comfortable to play, any comparisons to it would be welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

Post to Thread