Authenticate used Esp products

Updated
Authenticate used Esp products

Hi Esp,

Thanx for a bunch of great products! 

I have several Esp guitars but I've bought most of them on the second hand market. 
I'm wondering if there's a way for me to get my guitars authenticated by Esp? 

There's quite a high value in the guitars and I need certificates for insurance purposes. 

Travis L.

Message them and see what they can do. I'm not sure if they give certificates anymore. If you go online and go to guitarscollector.com he has his own authenticating service

Hope this helps. 

Cheers! 

Deni

I thought that's what I was doing when posting on this section.

ESP Admin
Deni wrote:

Hi Esp,

Thanx for a bunch of great products! 

I have several Esp guitars but I've bought most of them on the second hand market. 
I'm wondering if there's a way for me to get my guitars authenticated by Esp? 

There's quite a high value in the guitars and I need certificates for insurance purposes. 

Hey Deni, 

Although your ESP instrument may be authentic, ​100% authenticity cannot be certified from photos only and often records ​for certain instruments are not available. ​Therefore, if ​definite proof of authenticity is required, ​you will have to​ return your instrument to ESP for evaluation. 

Deni

Hey Tony and thank you for clarifying!

I'm glad there's a way however since I live in Sweden, Europe and there is no ESP manufacturing nowhere near here, that would require sending 8 guitars across the globe. That sounds like to much work as you would have guessed and would mean no shredding for quite a while.

Do you have any trusted partners that could perform the authentication in Sweden?

By my knowledge, I'd guess not since the ESP retailers for the Nordic counties these past few years have been utterly crap.

Br

Deni

ESP 348

You could always send one guitar at a time Deni, so you would still have plenty of guitars around to shred.

But It would also cost you a small fortune to send that many guitars from Sweden to the USA.

A couple of questions for Tony......

Do you know what approx turn around time would be if Deni or anyone sent a guitar to ESP in the US to be authenticated?

Also, is there any cost involved to have ESP perform this authentication?

If you can answer those questions for us Tony that would be much appreciated.

ESP Admin
Deni wrote:

Hey Tony and thank you for clarifying!

I'm glad there's a way however since I live in Sweden, Europe and there is no ESP manufacturing nowhere near here, that would require sending 8 guitars across the globe. That sounds like to much work as you would have guessed and would mean no shredding for quite a while.

Do you have any trusted partners that could perform the authentication in Sweden?

By my knowledge, I'd guess not since the ESP retailers for the Nordic counties these past few years have been utterly crap.

Br

Deni

We do not have anyone in Sweden who can do this, you would have to send directly to our HQ here in the states. 

ESP Admin
ESP 348 wrote:

You could always send one guitar at a time Deni, so you would still have plenty of guitars around to shred.

But It would also cost you a small fortune to send that many guitars from Sweden to the USA.

A couple of questions for Tony......

Do you know what approx turn around time would be if Deni or anyone sent a guitar to ESP in the US to be authenticated?

Also, is there any cost involved to have ESP perform this authentication?

If you can answer those questions for us Tony that would be much appreciated.

Once the guitar has been received by us here at HQ it will take 1-2 weeks to authenticate and send back out. 

We will not charge you to authenticate a guitar however you will  have to cover all shipping fees and will need to get an RMA# to authorize the return and make us aware of the instrument coming back. This can be set up through our warranty and repair department. 

Deni

What about modified guitars?

I have a couple repainted ones, almost all of them have other than stock pickups, some have new tuners and other mechanics.

ESP Admin

We may be able to authenticate that the guitar was originally made by ESP but if you are sending in a modified guitar we may not be able to pin point every single detail to say what is original and what is not.

ESP 348

Thank you very much for your reply Tony, much appreciated. 

Post to Thread