Volume Issue?

Updated
Ian H.

Hi gang - I just got my first ESP USA Eclipse - it's second-hand but mint condition. I have a question if anyone knows the answer; I can still hear playing sound through the amp with the volume at zero, and only goes away when both volumes are zero. This is the same behaviour on each pickup.

So it sounds like some signal from 'the other' pickup is getting through on regardless of which pick-up I select. Is this by design? Or do I have a wiring issue? I don't have the same issue on my Japanese Eclipse.

Juan E.

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with your ESP USA Eclipse's pickup selector or wiring. Normally, when you have the volume on zero for one pickup, it should mute the sound from that pickup entirely.

The fact that you're hearing sound through the amp when the volume is at zero, regardless of which pickup you select, suggests a wiring issue or a problem with the pickup selector. It's unlikely that this is by design.

You might want to have a professional guitar technician or luthier inspect your ESP USA Eclipse to identify and rectify the issue. It could be a loose connection, a faulty switch, or some other wiring problem that needs attention.

Blake B.

Hi, were you able to resolve this issue?

Post to Thread