Don't buy a ESP USA. . not worth it

Updated
Anthony S.

I purchased a MII FR about 2 years ago. The day I received I played and it would not stay on tune. I figured it was new strings and stretched them and played a few weeks later and same thing. When you dive or pull up the whole thing goes out a half step up or down. ESP will not make this right. You figure when you pay 3 to 4 grand for a guitar you wouldn't have to worry about this. I was so bummed I didn't even want to play it. I have other guitars that go out a little bit but you can pull up or push down and they go right back in tune. 

Save the money and buy an Ibanez. Less than half the cost and they actually stay in tune when you use the tremolo. I have 800 dollar guitars that blow my esp out of the water. Now I have a 3500 dollar wall hanger that looks pretty but is the biggest POS I own. Thanks ESP for nothing. 

ESP will probably hide this post because they don't want the bad publicity. I will guarantee I will never recommend their products to anyone. Don't fall for their inferior products just because of the name and you pay so much for them.

Michael S.

Sorry to hear about your experience. That is definitely frustrating.

Usually issues such as this are due to an improperly cut nut. Take the guitar to a qualified and well-respected guitar tech near you and tell them the issue. Odds are they should be able to fix the problem.

Assuming the issue is a poorly cut nut, should you have received something like this from ESP USA? No, not at all, and I'm sorry to hear that this has been an issue for so long. However, I highly recommend taking it in to a tech to look at the issue because this issue will likely be fixed for a very small amount of money.

Best of luck! 

Colin Parks ESP Artist

My usa M1 has faultless build quality and playability

Don M.

Floyds are pretty stable when setup correctly. Here are a few things to look at/verify;

The nut isn't locked.(sorry but have to say it just in case)

The edge where the bridge floats on the studs is moving,

The springs are not even, as in they favor one side where they attach to the block underneath.

The body side bracket where springs attach is moving/spring tension issue.

The neck is moving/cracked. 

Something is causing the bridge to change it's resting position. If all else fails try a good repair shop and see if they can find a correctable issue. 

Good luck

Ralph  S.

What was ESP’s exact response?

VSC-1

My USA Eclipse is awesome in every way. From looks to craftsmanship and a joy to play. Would definitely recommend. 

Colin Parks ESP Artist

My Usa is easily as good as my ESP Japan guitars

Post to Thread