• jason a.

Bridge pickup

I've ordered a Esp USA m1 thru. I'm not too keen on SD pickups in general, but it was that or EMG(no thanks). I wanted some thoughts between the Kloppmann hb 60, Tozz xl b, or the Wolfetone Marshallhead. Or anything in general. I like/have the same tone(Boosted JCM800 Marshall type high gain/cutting upper mids, and don't care for  scooped sounds.) I also like my PT 20 to do the work vs. a hot pickup hitting the first gain stage ( so mid  output PAF)  Any opinions? I play mostly in drop C. Cheers

• Carcaridon

Bare Knuckle?  Fishman Fluence?  I have a simple SD custom/hybrid on my Horizon and it sounds great.  DiMarzio Deactivtors in my MII.  

• jason a.

Thanks for the reply. I bought a Kloppmann HB 60 and a Haeussel Tozz xl. My other two guitars have set necks (mahogany bodies) so this will be my first neck thru. Being that it's maple, I didn't want to go with anything too bright.  Whichever wins out I'll post if that helps anyone. 

• Carcaridon

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you order?  I'm 5 months into an MII USA order and 1 1/2 months into an M1 USA order.  Trying to find out what the current delivery times are.

Thanks.

• jason a.

I placed the order on 29 December’19. The dealer I purchased through quoted completion in early Aug... I have heard average build/ship times are at least 6 months. Since I’m on the West Coast  went with a Ca. Dealer ands being that the shop is in LA seems long but whatever. So hopefully you’re not waiting too much longer. 

• Carcaridon

I went with a dealer on the east coast.  Like you, I'm in S. CA, but there's a drop ship option since they're in Burbank, and I'm in OC, they can just ship to me directly.  Saved on tax and got 15% off.  I'm hoping it works out that way at least.  By your dealer's calculations, I have until June.  Yeesh!  This is tough. 

• jason a.

I’m in Washington. I ordered through Pittbull audio. All the other dealers I inquired with were all around the same price. I went with black gloss which is why it may be a longer wait. Seems everyone and their sister has the matte black going on. Anyway we’ll just do the wait thing until then. Did you get anything custom color wise?  

• Carcaridon

My MII NTB NT is hellfire. My M1 is blood splatter. 

Post to Thread