E-II Eclipse empty battery case

Updated
Chris M.

I just bought an ESP E-II Eclipse 2nd hand.  The battery compartment is completely empty.  There is no wiring to it.  Did I buy a Ch-ESP? Or have these been released with the "bump out" in case I consummers wanted to add active PUs?

Pushead

Any chance you could post a few photos of the guitar? I'm a bit unsure why they'd have the cavity and not have wiring to it. Even if it came with passive pickups stock.

Chris M.

Here are some pics. Can't really see it but there is nothing in the cavity. No wiring or anything. Just the cavity and the ashtray cover.  Serial number included

Chris M.

Chris M.

Pushead

It looks to be a legit 2020 model. I'm not familiar enough with models that came with passives to know whether they traditionally have the battery cavity, or if this is a rarity. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I suspect there's a hole between the battery cavity and the regular control cavity that you could run the battery wires through.

Alison R.

Thank you all for topic!

Eric P.

did you get this sorted? That looks just like the regular battery compartment on my EII, but it has the 9V clip. Did someone replace the pickups with passives?

Chris M.

I did.  It sounds like it's standard. Kind of like a bump-out you'd get in your house for future expansion of a ceiling fan or something.  It still had the passive pickups. So I guess it's just there if I wanted to install active. Kind of a cool gesture by ESP!

rosy d.

May your day be graced with only up the presence of loved ones, filling your life with love, support, and cherished moments.

Post to Thread