Please help identify this Eclipse

Updated
Simon M.

Hi there! I've bought an used E-II Eclipse in see-through black cherry finish about two years ago from a friend of mine and I'm now considering to sell it again. I started to figure out some details about it and thing is that it seems to be a pre-series model since it differs in certain details from other models I find online.

Starting with the serial which points it to being produced in 2012: ES1218402

If I look at the old catalogues, I find the first E-II Eclipses were released in 2013. Also, the headstock design is somewhere between the former ESP standard series and the later E-II with the "Eclipse" written in the middle.

So what do you think this one is? Build quality is flawless, so I don't doubt for a second that it's a legit ESP guitar.

Simon M.

Pushead

You are correct, it is legit. It's a 2012 E-II Eclipse. During the 2012-13 time period, there was a transition between the ESP Standard Series and the E-II line. This guitar falls into that transition period where they used an E-II Standard logo and the Eclipse decal from the ESP SS guitars instead of the diamond which is featured on the E-II guitars.

Simon M.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply and clearing up the picture. Really interesting to dive into these details.

Post to Thread