Switching M-II emg's to passive

Updated
Andres S.

Hello,

I just bought an M-II and I am looking to replace the emg 81's with a Lundgren Black Heaven set. I know that I will need to replace the 25k pot with a 500k and switch the stereo output jack to a mono one. Will a short shaft tone/volume pot work and what brands would you recommend I get for these components?

Also, it would be amazing if someone knew of a good quality, prewired harness that is compatible for this guitar. Thanks!

Pushead

The M-II (and really, all ESP guitars) use short shaft. I used Alpha pots for a long time, and they're fine, but I've started putting higher quality electronics into guitars if/when they need something replaced.

Thomas M.

This is my first visit to this site. Your blog has a lot of amusing content, especially the debate. I assume that I'm not the only one enjoying all the pleasure here based on the countless comments on your writings. Continue your wonderful work.
CheckĀ The Ultimate Off-to-College Checklist for Freshers

Thomas M.

When I was done, I was astonished beyond belief. I'm interested in reading more articles of this nature. Thank you!
Ultimate Time Management Tips for College & University Students

Post to Thread